NEWS

Fading question

• 6 Replies

jundle

• Newb
« on: <04-04-12/1913:29> »
I just purchased the runners toolkit.  In it, it mentions resisting fading is a Resonance + Charisma roll, but in the SR420th book, on page  243, it mentions that is a Resonance + Willpower roll.  Is the runners toolkit wrong, or are there more options, but just written in different supplements that i don't have?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <04-04-12/1916:38> »
Yes and no. It depends on the Technomancer's stream. The Cyberadept (the core book TM) uses Will+Res. Other streams may use Intuition, Logic, or Charisma.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

jundle

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-04-12/1942:19> »
Technomancers "stream"? What is a stream, is it in the core rule book, and does it mention using things other than willpower+resonance to resist fading?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <04-04-12/2000:30> »
Check out Unwired. A technomancer's Stream is like a Magician's Tradition. It goes beyond the mechanical aspects, and into key elements of how they view the matrix, and the world around them, as well as their own personality.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Nebular

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-04-12/2105:04> »
As Mirikon already pointed out, Unwired has a handful of other Streams a Technomancer can use and is a really handy book. If you're not using those rules, then the standard default Technomancer Stream us RES + WIL. The only printed Streams that use RES + CHA are Networkers (from Unwired) and Technoshamans (from Digital Grimoire).
Need a SR4 character generator? Grab the latest version of Chummer, or check out the Chummer discussion for more information!

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-05-12/1259:22> »
Technoshamans are in Unwired as well. Digital Grimoire is about magic.

Nebular

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-05-12/1455:42> »
I have no idea how I botched that. Memory Test Critical Glitch. :o
Need a SR4 character generator? Grab the latest version of Chummer, or check out the Chummer discussion for more information!