NEWS

online game, beginners welcome

• 10 Replies

World

• Newb
« on: <04-03-12/1957:15> »
Hi, I’m starting an online shadowrun game and I would like to find a few more players.

This is a great game for beginner player due to the fact that all of my current players are new (other than me of course).  Thus it will be as laid back a game of shadowrun you may ever play, but it will ease you into the game so you will be ready for more hardcore groups in the future.

Of course if you are a veteran and would like to join, we would be happy to have you.  Something vet’s may need to understand is that because this is a game for new players pvp (player versus player) will not be allowed (but normally I allow as much pvp as the players want(unless we get to the point of picking on someone)).

How the game will be played.

I host an online webinar so that other can view my computer screen.  This is because I wrote a dice rolling application and I want people to be able to see what they have rolled.

Also you must of course have a microphone.

With the exception of the microphone all the other stuff is free.

And feel free to ask me questions.

P.S.

I’m happy to work with new players on making their first character (or 100th) if they want advice.

vonpenguin

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-03-12/2035:49> »
I've recently received some of the books as a gift and would love to play in a newbie friendly game. How should I contact you to work out a character?

Maxwellus45

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-05-12/1356:58> »
I made a new character, i'm game for trying this.  I'm a bit young though, so take that into account.  Also, I don't know how to work my laptop's microphone.  Contact me at vincentmason99@yahoo.com.  also what's a webinar?
« Last Edit: <04-05-12/1359:22> by Maxwellus45 »
Rules were mean't to be broken.

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <04-08-12/0323:46> »
What is that status of the team? What do we have, what do we need, what kind of campaign we doing? Combat heavy? Roleplay heavy? Interpersonal communication and networking going to be important or would I be better off building a troll with an assault cannon?

I have made several characters and fiddled with them over the last few years. I've played in a few campaigns that didn't last more than a few sessions. I definitely want to get more experience and enjoy a longer-term campaign. I would like to learn more about matrix activity but that is a pretty deep part of the game that would take a lot of time to pin down.

Kingbrendarr

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-08-12/1144:51> »
I would be very interested in some game online. new to the system but fairly familiar with the setting.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-08-12/2100:11> »
Sounds very interesting...any info regarding timing and schedule of the sessions?

AJC

World

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-09-12/1302:34> »
Sorry everyone but the game is full, if you have not gotten an e-mail by now.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-10-12/1843:55> »
Guess I missed out... :( ...but thanks for the update.  Hope it goes well.  If you get the chance, would love to see some AAR posts and such.

Regards.

AJC

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <06-25-23/0520:04> »
Just need to note that this thread is over a decade old.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #9 on: <06-26-23/0027:47> »
Just need to note that this thread is over a decade old.
And....
You're responding to a Troll Michael  :P
Look closely, its a well constructed phish for a gambling site  ;D

Damn AI spambots are getting better and better...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #10 on: <06-26-23/0326:15> »
Ah there is the spamlink, I was wondering. Wasn't there before.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!