NEWS

Drone riggers and cyberlimbs.

• 5 Replies

Leevizer

• Omae
« on: <04-03-12/0713:38> »
I was discussing the relationship of a cybered-up street Sam and a Dwarf drone rigger, asking if he would have an almost parental view for the younger Samurai due to her robotic qualities and such, and then as we discussed, we started wondering if it's possible to have a rigger jump into a cyberlimb(s). Or what if we have a cadaver with cyberware in it? Can the rigger take control of a dead/unconscious Street Samurai's legs and make him/her run out of danger, or other things like that?

Realistically speaking I don't think it is possible, but I think the idea is worth discussing?

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #1 on: <04-03-12/0750:36> »
You can control cyberlimbs when you hack them, and if the samurai lets the rigger subscribe to his limbs it should be possible to let the rigger control the limb.
As for running the sam out of danger is maybe a little far stretched. The rest of his body will be limb as kind of hard to control with legs alone. Maybe if he had a full body conversion or just let him drag "himself" out with his arms bur again that would probably be very rough on the sams face and body because he has no motorskill og concious act to lift his head of the ground.

With two cyberarms the sam could fire a weapon from onearm  in combat and let the rigger control the other arm and fire a weapon from that. Kind of strange and the rigger would be better of with having his own drone for that I think  ;)

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Leevizer

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-03-12/0757:53> »
I just thought that if the Sams lower body is cybered and starts running, the rest will propably pretty much hang limply, and her spine is going to either break or almost break.

What about bodies? If I recall correctly, atleast in some games (I think it was Shadowrun too) the Cyberware work on the body's own biomagnetic field or whatnot, and thus a cyberarm couldn't be operated from a dead body... Right? Or if you took a body and replaced every part with a cyber version, could that work?

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-03-12/1106:18> »
Cyber implants can't receive the Rigger Adaptation mod, so no jumping into them, I'm afraid ;-)

Could remote-control them with the Command program, though.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #5 on: <04-04-12/0118:37> »
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?