NEWS

Shadowrun LARP rules

• 11 Replies

urwolf

• Newb
« on: <03-30-12/2006:52> »
Does anyone have a set-up or rules to LARP Shadowrun or suggestable and useful way to run it as a LARP?

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #1 on: <03-30-12/2056:32> »
Do legwork like you would a Mind's Eye Theater LARP, then go to a warehouse or other secure space (that you have legit access to, of course!) and use a combination of Airsoft and SCA-style sword-fighting for the runs?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Snorelot

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-30-12/2132:13> »
I had found a larp that uses airsoft and boffers called Wastelands.  The online rule book looked pretty decent, but I never got into it myself.
I'll sleep when I'm dead

crisses

• Chummer
  • You're out of my mind.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #4 on: <03-31-12/0233:45> »
Some friends of mine did a small SR live campaign a few years bag. I will try a hear how they did it and get back to you.

Oh, and please, please don't mention MET. That just makes me extremely sad  :'(

Regards
Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #5 on: <03-31-12/0522:17> »
It's not very conducive to a party-style game, but I usually organize LARPs for one player for their birthday. I recruit actors and locations, set meets at nightclubs, and have a designated portion with paintballs or foam larp weapons. I know a lot of people in the costuming, theatre and gaming scene, so it usually goes for about two hours and involves hacking a system/stealing a commlink (easier than ever with smartphones and all their apps), a shootout, a B/E into a location, and even a simulated car chase once (I contacted local law enforcement and got authorization for live-theatre displays, as well as the combat scenes.)

The most important thing, more than it being entertaining, is that it be safe. Always safe.
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-31-12/0641:09> »
Depending on your view, nerf guns might be better than airsoft - cheaper and safer.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Red

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-31-12/1618:30> »
A little paint and they look badass, but the bright colors are something the police will appreciate. :)
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-31-12/1934:23> »
Every year at Gencon Catalyst does a LARP for Shadowrun. Well it is a mixed LARP and tabletop called the scramble. It has a lot of players that come back year after year, but I'm not sure on how they run the rules of interaction for it.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #9 on: <04-01-12/0609:20> »
It's not very conducive to a party-style game, but I usually organize LARPs for one player for their birthday. I recruit actors and locations, set meets at nightclubs, and have a designated portion with paintballs or foam larp weapons. I know a lot of people in the costuming, theatre and gaming scene, so it usually goes for about two hours and involves hacking a system/stealing a commlink (easier than ever with smartphones and all their apps), a shootout, a B/E into a location, and even a simulated car chase once (I contacted local law enforcement and got authorization for live-theatre displays, as well as the combat scenes.)

The most important thing, more than it being entertaining, is that it be safe. Always safe.

I have birtday in less than two weeks  ;)

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-03-12/1355:28> »

That sounds like an awesome birthday, and would love to see how that went down. O.O'!!!

Too bad i'll never know. xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Red

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-03-12/1656:14> »
Some of my players and fellow GMs in the Chicago area are insisting we start an actual company to host LARPs, since they're getting popular and we charge so little. I'll see about filming one and posting it sometime, if you'd like to see. If you're in the Chicago area, maybe you'll be able to join us sometime. :)

Beyond that, I always put big ups to friends with nerf weapons, basic costumes, and a big ol' nature park to play in. I did a Fallout LARP some years back... oh, that was a LOT of fun!