NEWS

Specilized Weapon Focus and KE IV

• 5 Replies

zylosan

• Newb
« on: <03-30-12/1451:34> »
Is it possible to construct specilized weapon focuses that provide increased DV or attack dice against specific types of spirit. (Insect spirits in this case.)

Related question: Where can I find information on KE IV which is a chemical weapon used against bug spirits.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-30-12/1457:44> »
Is it possible to construct specilized weapon focuses that provide increased DV or attack dice against specific types of spirit. (Insect spirits in this case.)

Related question: Where can I find information on KE IV which is a chemical weapon used against bug spirits.

Not sure if it's possible in RAW, but you could try to talk your GM into letting you buy a version of like a weapon focus sword or something that has a reservoir containing the chemical.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

zylosan

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-30-12/1620:03> »
The two questions are only related in that they both involve fighting insect spirits.  I was hoping for a weapon focus creation option that worked similar to a specilization option for a skill. i.e. + 2 dice against insect spirits at the cost of one rating point that provides no bonus versus other foes.  Vibro Sword Weapon Focus Rating 1 (+2 insect) Cost as rating two weapon focus.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-30-12/2047:49> »
The two questions are only related in that they both involve fighting insect spirits.  I was hoping for a weapon focus creation option that worked similar to a specilization option for a skill. i.e. + 2 dice against insect spirits at the cost of one rating point that provides no bonus versus other foes.  Vibro Sword Weapon Focus Rating 1 (+2 insect) Cost as rating two weapon focus.

As far as I'm aware, you can't 'specialize' a weapon focus, though that is a decent idea you have there. I might consider it in the future myself if someone comes up with a good way to handle it.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #4 on: <03-30-12/2134:27> »
The only way I know how to do it would be to have a unique enchantment, one that would only work against insect spirits, for instance.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #5 on: <03-31-12/0523:47> »
Well, there are Banishing Foci... I suppose you could somehow adapt that into a weapon, so that hits calculate into Banishment dice? Just throwing ideas out there, but you are definitely on to something.
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/