NEWS

Old Enemies/New Friends?

• 0 Replies

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« on: <03-25-12/0602:57> »
Only just picked up the Black Book and was delighted with the contents. My only real question was: haven't FastJack and Nightfire been at each others' throats for the entire SR run? I can recall times when each has taken shots at the other. I especially loved when Nightfire (and it is good to have that Ares bootlicker back  :)) referenced their classic point of contention regarding FastJack respecting product trademarks and copyrights.

Which this is mostly just me being an old-timer geeking out with smiles, it makes me wonder: have they become friends in the years since? Are they getting along better? Was FJ being sarcastic? Or have they been friends all along? Considering JackPoint is his baby, I can't imagine him bringing a legit enemy in. I kind of wonder why Nightfire got his own post style, as well...

Regardless, damn fine book, especially for those of us who enjoy classic gear for retro games or retro-minded characters. :)
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/