NEWS

Wing Commander: New Horizon

• 4 Replies

Seether

• Newb
« on: <03-24-12/1309:10> »
I am basically blitzing through all of the communities that I am a part of to let people know about a game that has taken hold of my imagination.  If you're into sci-fi themes, I highly suggest checking it out.  Also, it is a MUSH and not a MUD (storytelling over commands/hack and slash):

In the Enigma Sector, the scars of the Kilrathi-Terran war are still healing. Four decades have passed since the Kilrathi homeworld was razed by the Terrans, and the Terran Confederation has shrunk to a microcosm of its former powers. Risen from the ashes of war comes a corporate hegemony, the Enigma Sector Consortium, which rules the sector for a single purpose: profit. Meanwhile, the dissolution of the Empire of Kilrah has left a void, now filled by the Kilrathi Commonwealth, a new alliance between a subset of the noble Clans that recognize that they must find a new way to live in a universe they no longer dominate. In Enigma Sector, credits can buy anthing, and there are just so many ways to come by credits these days...

Wing Commander: New Horizon MUSH is a brand-new (opened December 2011) text-based interactive storytelling & roleplaying community built using the MUSH platform and set in the universe of the Wing Commander video games. New Horizon could be considered a "spiritual successor" to Wing Commander: Red Horizon, a popular MUSH that closed in 2002, and is set in the same universe/continuity as WC:RH, 40 years after the end of the Terran-Kilrathi war.

We have an active, experienced staff, a game custom-built for the modern era's smaller playerbases, and a wide-open theme layered in conflict and opportunity. Stop by and check us out!

wcmush.com 2199                               
                            http://www.wcmush.com/ 

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-27-12/1719:25> »
Any link to the team doing Wing Commander Saga?

AJC

Seether

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-27-12/1838:02> »
Not exactly.  Saga is a long time labor of love (I think they've been working on that for 10 years) and contains graphics? Whereas we are a text based game.  If you know of the Wing Commander theme, then you'll have a good idea of what we are about, however.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-28-12/1627:32> »
Cool - thanks!

AJC

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #4 on: <06-08-12/1806:03> »
anyone on it work on the pbp WC:AAO game?
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget