NEWS

How are relations between the Tirs?

• 10 Replies

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« on: <03-19-12/1825:23> »
What is the nature of the relations between Tir Tairngire and Tir Na Nog? Is there a lot of travel/tourism between the two? Do they extradite? Is a citizen of one considered a citizen of the other?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <03-19-12/1831:47> »
The relationship is... complicated. They're not officially allied, and they have very different mindsets, but they are friendly. There is tourism between the two, and no, you do not get dual citizenship.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

jonathanc

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-19-12/1836:19> »
The relationship is... complicated. They're not officially allied, and they have very different mindsets, but they are friendly. There is tourism between the two, and no, you do not get dual citizenship.
Hmm....so it's reasonable to say that a Tir Na Nog elf looking to get away from his homeland, but still wanting to live among elves, could emigrate to Tir Tairngire, maybe renounce his former citizenship, and open up an Irish pub?

(just drumming up some NPC backstory for a game I'm running)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-19-12/1839:35> »
He could be safe doing that in the Tir, but in places with a higher human population, he best be sure he doesn't run into any of the people (or their descendants) that the elves kicked out when they started Tir Na Nog. They're still sore that it isn't Ireland any more.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <03-19-12/1840:14> »
Tír na nÓg Pub.

You open up an Irish Pub, you're going to get a bunch of piss off Humans, Orks, Trolls, Dwarves, and other Metatypes who want their Island back.  ;)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

jonathanc

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-19-12/1845:57> »
Tír na nÓg Pub.

You open up an Irish Pub, you're going to get a bunch of piss off Humans, Orks, Trolls, Dwarves, and other Metatypes who want their Island back.  ;)
Maybe he came to sympathize with the Irish resistance, and that led to the circumstances of his departure? Could happen....Chibs from Sons of Anarchy is a Scottish guy with ties to the Real IRA....strange bedfellows and all that.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-19-12/1857:34> »
Since the Irish resistance is fairly rabidly anti-elven, he'd still be in hot water. Especially if he did it in one of the elven lands.

My Characters

jonathanc

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-19-12/1905:29> »
Since the Irish resistance is fairly rabidly anti-elven, he'd still be in hot water. Especially if he did it in one of the elven lands.
Fair enough; I imagine that'd be the reason he bailed out of Europe and chose to settle down in the other  Tir. This will be in Boise though, so there's plenty of chances for him drawing attention. If his choice of motif has him catching a car bomb or two, that'll just make it more exciting for the PCs.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <03-19-12/2355:26> »
My group had a contact that was a member of the resistance that was an elf.

They agreed that he was the toughest SOB around.  I mentioned something about smuggling himself and some pickle jars from "The old sod" and they didn't want to know more.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #9 on: <03-20-12/0106:16> »
My group had a contact that was a member of the resistance that was an elf.

They agreed that he was the toughest SOB around.  I mentioned something about smuggling himself and some pickle jars from "The old sod" and they didn't want to know more.

He'd have to be. Like the one scrawny white boy in the Crips, what'd he do to earn their respect

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <03-20-12/0138:00> »
He'd have to be. Like the one scrawny white boy in the Crips, what'd he do to earn their respect
Found everyone responsible for kicking his non-elven family out of the Tir.

Notice I said "Pickle Jars", the really big 1 Gallon ones...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11