NEWS

Aztlan Takeover Plot

• 41 Replies

Perfectdark1919

• Newb
« on: <03-17-12/2247:08> »
I am working on a campaign plot involving Aztlan expanding it's territory into the West Coast of North America.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #1 on: <03-18-12/0136:34> »
Ok, good start... but are you looking for ideas? 
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #2 on: <03-18-12/0205:28> »
For them the world is not enough.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-18-12/0209:20> »
Good start for a campaign idea. I might wanna swipe it someday, just keep us posted.  ::)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-18-12/0752:02> »
The twist should be that they do it legally.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #5 on: <03-18-12/0802:14> »
I am working on a campaign plot involving Aztlan expanding it's territory into the West Coast of North America.

Aaaaaaaaaand...?

I mean, that's cool and all, but there's nothing to really go on here.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-18-12/1032:39> »
Aztlan shares a border with the PCC and CAS.  To reach CFS, Aztlan has to go through (or around) Pueblo Corporate Council lands.  If they try to punch through at the narrow strip, Aztlan has to then defend its entire border.  PCC is not going to readily give up its only port city (Los Angeles) as it is otherwise landlocked.  Both the PCC as well as the CAS and Ghostwalker up in Denver would LOVE to take a shot at pushing the border back to the Rio Grande.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #7 on: <03-18-12/1150:54> »
Also, about the only thing the CFS and Tir Tairngir will ever agree on is that neither one wants Aztlan to move any further towards them. And you know all those powerful mages who were princes not long ago? They don't like Aztlan either.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Perfectdark1919

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <03-18-12/1233:04> »
The first part that i have is aztlan openning negotiations with the political disident movements in the tir as well as the japanese that run San Fran. After what i just heard i should have them openning negotiations with the pueblos as well. The objective of these talks is to gain allies as well as distablize the two governments. As part of there talks with the tir disidents, aztlan makes an attempt to stop the out flow of disidents that are being removed by demonizing the ancients who funnel the political disidents out of the tir. Aztlan then begins suppling arms and supplies to the disident movement. Basically gaining their trust.... It is at this point i have no idea where to go from here. I am also trying to keep the fact that the players are based in seattle and how they can fit into this situation. I could use a y help anyone can offer on this!

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-18-12/1257:44> »
Have Aztlan offer up the Yucatan to the ousted Princes of the Tir and then offer up the lands south to the Rio Grande to the Pueblo Corporate Council in exchange for their western spur into old California.  Then subcontract the security duties of San Francisco at a low ball cost due to better magical threat capabilities.

Form a strong alliance with Pueblo from a mercantile perspective (Aztlan makes the chips, Pueblo programs them).  Suddenly, they've taken out all of their enemies.  CAS is no longer bordering them.  Pueblo is an ally and buffer state, who has to deal with the CAS instead.  Japan becomes a client.  The Yucatan problem gets handed off to greedy elves.  Nobody is left to help CFS.

Perfectdark1919

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <03-18-12/1310:35> »
Nice that gets rid of most of aztlan's problems. But how can i get a team working out of seattle involved with this plot?

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <03-18-12/1333:36> »
Gaeatronics may not be terribly happy with the idea.  If the Salish played it smart, they might take Tir Tairngire back as a protectorate just like Tsimshian.  If UCAS got wind of the plot, that means that Pacific coast bases start drying up really fast.  A concern from the local ambassador may note that if Seattle is the only Pacific port friendly to UCAS, then UCAS may have to defend it even more heavily, which means more troops and an increasing threat of attack right in the heart of Salish territory.  The Salish would then find it in their best interest to divide the UCAS attention up and down the west coast.  Tir ExPats hiding out in Seattle may want specific territory back, not getting dumped down on the Yucatan. 

Imagine if Aztlan did a Heel-Face turn and offered to give up Blood Magic and submit their research to the Draco Foundation as a means to help heal the damage done in the Ute Nation from the Great Ghost Dance.  They could flip their reputation and become martyrs over night, having sacrificed their own blood to defend the world against a great magical threat.  In fact, you could roll that into a Horizon gambit so that Horizon, Aztechnology, MCT, Shiawase and Renraku all make out from the deal and thus no Corporate Court backlash.

It should be noted that if 5 of the Big Ten back something, there should be absolutely terrifying repercussions. 

Perfectdark1919

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <03-18-12/1351:24> »
Add that to the fact, aztlan will have not only backed the coup that brought down the tir princes. (secretly of course) then turn around and offer the yucatan to the princes in exchange for their status as their ally. Hell the coup itself could be a subplot in and of itself.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <03-18-12/1409:00> »
How to take down the Draco Foundation:
1. Get thousands of scrubs and invest them with enough power to make them awakened, maybe use Tempo.
2. Teach them the very basics of blood magic.
3. Turn in THOUSANDS of blood mages all at once to the Draco Foundation, with the proviso that they be well cared for and researched, not executed like the Jews or Native Americans (this wins popular opinion, particularly amongst NAN).
4. Draco Foundation must pay out TRILLIONS of nuyen, bankrupting the foundation.
5. In a show of good faith, MCT steps in to operate the now bankrupt foundation. 

Draco Foundation out.  MCT as ally.  Aztechnology walks away with Trillions in nuyen.  Public opinion swayed in Aztlan's favor.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #14 on: <03-18-12/1416:47> »
Draco Foundation only has a bounty on certain blood mages. Besides they'd see the influx and arrange for some "accidents" to happen. Horizon would also be actively opposing Aztech for multiple reasons one of which is Aztech is trying to take over their backyard.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada