NEWS

A Street Sam Sasquatch (why because I can)

• 1 Replies

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« on: <03-13-12/1412:56> »
Well I am waiting to join a PbP game so I keep making characters to spend the time. This guy I made because I thought it'd be fun and an odd character to play.

He's Built at 350pts.

X29e stands full 2.6 meters tall has thin ruddy fur and what many would call a monster. The Sasquatch moves like a gorilla, walking on all fours, he has a slight limp in his real leg an obvious cyberlimb has replaced his left leg. His shoulders are broad marked with several old scars and some old cuts that show wires snaking beneath his skin. As if an artist decided to work on him his right arm is also an obvious cyberlimd. His head is broad and he’s wearing an intelligent look on his face. Usually he wears a cut down jumpsuit with tac harness attached with a backpack slung across his back and holster for assault rifle on the side.

X29e, He likes to go by 29, it’s been one year, two days, 4 hours and twenty three seconds sense he was freed. 29 as you’d imagine is the 29th in the row of experiments done by Ares Technologies to create a super solider. Using the base of a sasquatch and adding cyberlimbs to increase combat effectiveness. Implanted with command module that lowered his higher cogitative thought process to control him. After finishing the implantation of  all the cyberware X29e was released into Chicago during the cleanse where he received damage to his command module. When he lost his instructions from control X29e decided to leave run and try to find a way back home but he’s too far from home and does not have the cash or the method to get home. He’s been spending his time on the local access of the matrix using his rudimentary skills with computers he’s been looking for work.

Name: X29e (designation)
Alias: 29
Race: Sasquatch

Stats:
B:6    A:4(6)   R4(7)   S:7    C:2    I:4   L:3    W:2

Edge: 2
Initiative: 8 (12)
Initiative Passes: 1(2)
Essence: 1.385

Active Skills:
Athletics Skill Group: 3
   Climbing Gymnastics, Running, Swimming
Electronics Group: 1
   Computer, Data Search, Hardware, Software
-
Automatics: 4
Pistols: 2
Unarmed Comabat:4 (+2)
   Martial Arts
Blades: 3(+2)
   CyberSpur
Thrown Weapon: 2
Demolitions: 2
-
Survival: 2
Infiltration: 3
Perception: 1(+2)
   Hearing
Knowledge Skills:
Hideouts (Chicago): 3
Firearm Design: 3
Architecture: 2
Engineering: 2
Computer theory: 2
Operating Systems: 2
Zen Meditation: 3

Languages:
American Sign Language (natural)
Japanese: 3
English: 3

Positive Qualities:
Bio-Compatibility (Cyberware) (10)
Black Market Pipeline (wares) (10)
Negative Qualities:
Wanted (-10) Ares wants to recover its Cyberware/weapon
Allergy – Severe, Uncommon (Gold) (-15)
Mysterious Cyberware II (-10)
   Data Lock
   Traceless

Contacts:
Wild Bill (3/3)

Cyberware:
CyberEye (single Left)
-laser eye tool
-Thermal Vision
-Flare Comp
-Low Light Vision
-Smart Link

Obvious Cyberarm (right)
-Cyber Spur
-CyberArm Gyro-mount
-Strength (rating 4)
-Body (rating 4)
-Agility (rating 4)

Obvious CyberLeg (Left)
-Strength (rating 4)
-Body (rating 4)
-Agility (rating 4)

Muscle Toner (Rating: 2)
Wired Reflexes I (Beta)
Reaction Enhancers (Rating: 2)
Comlink
Dermal Plating (Rating: 2)

Weapons:
Colt M23 (Custom)
   w/SmartGun, Gas Vent 2, Melee Hardening, Gecko Grip, Extended Clip
   -10 Clips Standard Ammo
   -10 Clips Explosive
   -Sling
Ares Predator IV (Custom)
   w/Gecko Grip, Extended Clip
   -5 Clips Standard ammo
   -5 Clips Explosive
   -Cancelable Holster

Combat Knife
Grapple Gun (not really a weapon but I could use it as one)
10 Flash Bangs Grenades
10 High Ex Grenades

Armour:
Urban Explorer Suit (Chem Protection 3)

Misc:
Climbing Kit
+200m Climbing Line
Survival Kit
Mini-Flashlight
Firearm Kit
Respirator
5x Duct Tape
2x Fishing Line
1 Swish Army Knife

Cash: 4d6x100¥
« Last Edit: <03-13-12/1424:18> by SeriousOne338 »
Colors: Speech, Thought, Matrix
Character:
Dos.Boot http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=7368.15

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-12/1437:10> »
While being a street sam Sasquatch is more about the  8) than the raw powar!, I think you can tweak him a bit.  I'm assuming you're using the Chrome Critters optional rule that lets sapient critters get normal ware but with the used (+20%) essence penalty. 

First off, you can't have more than 3 points of cyberlimb enhancements.  You should customized them however and then put on enhancements.  I would customized your limbs differently.  The arm's is to punch people with the spur and the leg is to make you tougher.  I'll customized the arm to body 4, agility 6, strength 7 with the spur, gyromount, body enhancement 2, agility enhancement 3, and armor 1.  You have 1 capacity left over for something else.  The leg would then have body 8, agility 6, strength 3 with body enhancement 3, agility enhancement 3, strength enhancement 3, and armor 2 (upgrade to 3 ASAP).  This will give you an average body of 7, agility 6, strength 6.  You'll also gain 3-4 points of armor so you can drop the dermal plating.  I'll also drop the muscle toner and use your high agility limbs to help you do agile stuff. 

With the dropped muscle toner and dermal plating, I'll look into your initiative boosters.  I would get alphaware Wired Reflexes 2 and keep the reaction enhancers.  You should have the money for it after dropping betaware Wired Reflexes, muscle toner 2, the commlink, the eye, and dermal plating.  This will also increase your reaction by 1 which is cool.  You could also go for MBW2 with restricted gear as well.  I have you at .46 essence after all of this.

As for skills, your electronic skill group isn't going to be able to let you do squat on the matrix.  I'll drop it and have buying off uneducated represent you learning about "the outside world."  Or at the very least minimize the damage by getting Data Search 1 and a commlink with optimized browse 6.  Being able to google stuff with 7 dice is alright and saves you 6 points.

Lastly, why at 350 points?  Is this for a more low powered game or do want some room to "adapt" to the campaign?