NEWS

Hitting a Target in Bogota

• 13 Replies

Wilhelm R.

• Newb
« on: <03-13-12/0349:08> »
So,  after a recent run, we've found out that the BBEG of our current string of runs is hooked into full immersion somewhere in Bogota.  He controls several puppeted figures via a bleeding-edge nervous system implant...  If we can knock his system offline, we've pretty much got him.   I'm imagining black ice out the wazoo,  since his last smalltime henchmen we tangled with had about a dozen grim-reaper-esque ICE modules loaded for bear that our hacker couldn't touch.

We've got EVO on our side, being a repeat good partner of theirs, and what with them REALLY wanting to get that kind of tech out of commission, and ARES backing us up in repayment for covering a MAJOR incident that could have brought the world down on their heads.

Whats our best course of action?

Current idea is to find a way to unleash massive EMPs...  We will be rallying all the support we can from both of the Corps that have our backs,  but we need ideas and backup plans. 
..and One of our runners has a Jackpoint account, so I figure info gathered here can go towards that.  :D

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #1 on: <03-13-12/0421:05> »
I'll disregard the Jackpoint account and say sprite/AI army is the direct way. But if he's full immersion, I'd personally hit meat legwork, where hes at a disadvantage, and pray its not a single mothrr of 12, which is exactly what I'd do to you

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <03-13-12/0445:44> »
The best place to hit a hacker is ALWAYS in the meat. Go to his door, set explosives, and implode it around him.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-13-12/0625:15> »
DDOS the dude and then put a bullet in his brainstem.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-13-12/0941:38> »
I'm with everyone else here.  Though I will also add that spirits and magic will be hella useful for you, as that is something he can't counter himself.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-13-12/1100:58> »
The meat body as a weakness is pretty obvious.  So if the guy hasn't accounted for that, he deserves to get kacked.  However, assuming he's at least moderately smart, you'll want someone monitoring/fighting him in the matrix to verify that the meat body being shot actually killed the matrix presence and it wasn't a red herring getting your team to kill his adversary for free.

Wilhelm R.

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <03-13-12/1324:45> »
Problem is, this guy's not an easy meat target at all.  We don't know WHERE in Bogota he is, and any more probing and he WILL find out we're on to him, and he's got who knows how many of these nerve puppets, and the fact that he's in Bogota probably means he's got many more unplugged guys backing him up too.  He's illusive, and  we've dealt with his chain of command from California (where he stole blacklisted tech from Evo) to Hong Kong (where his underling unleashed a bio-terrorist attack at the expense of Ares), and now to Bogota, where the guy probably has a veritable army surrounding him,  with countless ICE and probably a few mages as well,  the GM likes to cover all bases, and this IS the BBEG...

The party currently is a mid-level hacker/sniper, a huge medic with astoundingly high armor and triad ties,  a drone-o-mancer, and a black magic mage/face (me).    The first plan, since my Mage was brought in to replace my first character, hacker/face,  was to have the black mage "Sell out" in an attempt to get closer to the BBEG,and ship their "bodies" doped with slab, straight to him, but that's WAY too many chances for major catastrophy, and since this isn't a run, but something personal instead, we figured the best bet was to somehow cash in all the contacts we've made on the long journey here,  as in the Corps.   OOC we also figure any due favors from that option could neatly continue the game.  :D

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-13-12/1415:10> »
There's only so many ways into and out of Bogota.  Plant spies at those locations, then hedge him off online so that he has to use local assets.  Create an event that forces him to act, then watch for activity.  Back track that activity.  If you need to, repeat the push maneuvers until your local assets can zero in on his location.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #8 on: <03-13-12/1421:57> »
Never go looking for a matrix hound by probing in the matrix, unless you have no other choice.

My advice? Go to Bogota. Do legwork, schmoozing and boozing the local talent. Maybe do a couple local jobs, to prove your worth to the players, get a couple favors owed. If this guy has a sizeable force protecting his meat, then someone will have heard about it in the local scene. Get a location, and then hit it.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-13-12/1423:28> »
Do legwork as described above, then ask Ares for a Thor Shot.  Problem solved.  ;)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Wilhelm R.

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <03-13-12/1429:35> »
... pray its not a single mothrr of 12, which is exactly what I'd do to you

Black Magic Tradition, Adversary Mentor,  Vindictive Flaw, and to top it off, the BBEG sent me a picture he aquired of my one living son.   I don't care if it's an 8 year old with progeria,  there's a bulled just waiting to be lodged into the target's anatomy.  :D

We'll see how it pans out,  thanks guys!

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <03-13-12/1813:58> »
You have a technomancer? I gather he doesn't have Sleuth sprites himself, but if you can find someone who can loan you a Sleuth sprite (aka a Ceilingcat sprite), even a modest rating one will pretty easily find a guy who's in Full Immersion with Traceroute, even if he's running Stealth 10 all the time. With any luck, he'll be on a boat, and then you can just turn on the ballast tanks :P

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-14-12/0615:11> »
Find a photo.  Summon a huge spirit with the Search power.

Go to work.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #13 on: <03-14-12/1857:14> »
Once the spirit has found the guy, load a cargo plane with as many tons of thermite as you can cram into it, fly it over the target, and set the thing into a powerdive while you jump out the back and parachute away.

You fly it manually with no wireless so it can't be hacked, and even if he's got anti-air defenses several tons of burning thermite will still be slamming into his location.

:)

-k