NEWS

What if . . . ?

• 80 Replies

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #75 on: <06-25-12/1009:08> »
It's been awhile since I checked out FAB, but doesn't that stuff take a good long time to degrade magic? And can't you just use a Sterilize spell to kill it? I don't see how it would be a threat to mages of any sort if so. Awakened beings, adepts and critters yeah but if they can sling mojo it shouldn't be anything more than an inconvenience.

But onto my own "what if".
I'd like to see a "What If" NORAD really was suborned into "the Strategic Bug Command" like is alluded to in the Denver box set. A Un-nukeable and damn near un-asailable fortress for the bugs to spawn until their little hearts are content right in the middle (relatively)  of  the country. You could even tie this into loosing track of all those operatives from those Ares R and D Bug facilities they lost track of...... Or to the bug hybrids in Conspiracy Theories.

Frankly, I just love the bugs as villains in runs.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <06-25-12/1117:45> »
The Denver box set was chock-full of bug plot if you went for the Hardcore setting (option C) for stuff.  I really like them as insidious baddies, rather than as direct obvious combatants.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #77 on: <06-25-12/1131:08> »
The Denver box set was chock-full of bug plot if you went for the Hardcore setting (option C) for stuff.  I really like them as insidious baddies, rather than as direct obvious combatants.
Yeah. those were the options I was referencing.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #78 on: <06-25-12/1948:48> »
Yeah. those were the options I was referencing.

Given that bugs are coming back in style, revisiting Norad would be really, really, really, really, really cool.... really. :)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #79 on: <06-25-12/2112:14> »
Given that bugs are coming back in style, revisiting Norad would be really, really, really, really, really cool.... really. :)
"We came to track Santa, but what we found was a CHRISTMAS SLAY!!!"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #80 on: <06-25-12/2224:03> »
"We came to track Santa, but what we found was a CHRISTMAS SLAY!!!"

YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!.... wait a sec... oh Cwap, not again! *SLICE* *THUMP*
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P