sternenschwinge

• Newb
« on: <02-21-12/0715:57> »
Hey everyone!

First I want to introduce myself:

I'm a 39 y old SR- Player and Gamemaster since the First Edition

from Kiel, Germany. My Group is currently running the "Ghost Cartels Campaign"

and I wonder, since I don't know how many people became Tempo- Addicts and

for that matter prepared wessels, why isn't the 6th World crawling with Posession- Spirits?

Or is it and I missed something? With all the Spirits roaming the world as PC's/NPC's plus

this campaign-setting I wonder how many Metahumans are left  :o.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <02-21-12/0749:38> »
Not everyone who was addicted to tempo got enough of it in their system to have the forced Spirit Pact come into play. Also note that there wasn't a 1:1 match between tempo users and shadow spirit infused trees used to make the drug. So say there were fifty trees in the grove. That is fifty spirits to 'ride' a few thousand or maybe even tens of thousands of pact members. And the Spirit Pact is not the same as possession. With the spirit pact, when the 'vessel' is asleep or unconscious, the spirit can, if they choose to, take over the body for a while. However, it can only control one body at a time, so it can't control however many hundred are pacted to it simultaneously. It essentially 'jumps into' the person and rides them like a drone before leaving them so they can wake up.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-21-12/0942:41> »
Who gets possessed, why and for how long got left open for both individual GMs to play with and as a potential future 'canon' plotline, I'm guessing.

[spoiler]
Now that Aztechnology has a tempo source in their hands (as of Ghost Cartels) a lot of dark weirdness is going to be possible.  Possessor Blood Spirits, anyone?
[/spoiler]

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-21-12/1100:36> »
The spirits involved with Tempo are Shadow spirits, not blood spirits. Different flavor of nasty. And you already can have blood spirits if the person with the appropriate metamagic comes from a Possession tradition.

My Characters

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-21-12/1732:34> »
The spirits involved with Tempo are Shadow spirits, not blood spirits. Different flavor of nasty. And you already can have blood spirits if the person with the appropriate metamagic comes from a Possession tradition.

That's just scary!

I suspect it was a Devs idea to have a way for a GM to royally frag a PC.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-21-12/2059:52> »

Oh, yeah, I know - i just figure there may be some attempts to mix & merge the tempo with blood magic.  However it's unclear how much contact the blood magic parts of Aztechnology have with the David cartel part - Aztechnology isn't entirely monolithic.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-21-12/2106:28> »
The secret sect wouldn't risk exposing itself like that. Governments and major organizations, at least, know the truth behind Tempo, and anything adding blood magic to the mix will focus attention like a laser on Aztechnology, and the elements in it that least want that attention. One of the least effects would be to make Hestaby lose most, if not all, of her support amongst the other Great Dragons for her "let's not wipe Aztlan off the map" initiative. And you would be surprised how many governments and megacorps would be willing to jump on that side to get favors from that many great dragons.

My Characters

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-21-12/2123:02> »
Do governments and major organisations know?  It didn't get a mention in Spy Games.  Seems that the incidents of tempo users/addicts going nuts and doing batfrag insane $#!& are still seen as isolated, individual occurences.  Even by those who have dealt with more than one - one of the fiction pieces in Runners' Companion seems to imply so.

snowRaven

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <02-22-12/1308:59> »
Well, there are likely as whole slew of people out there who are potentials for possession by the Primeira Vaga spirit cabal. However, the cabal itself won't likely consist of that many spirits, and none of them will likely spend all their time possessing someone, and even when they do I doubt they will want to make a huge fuss about it.

As for the ramifications of this, to the best of my knowledge there's nothing actually planned out, but who knows what can happen down the line.

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #9 on: <02-23-12/0826:05> »
Personally, I'm looking forward to the refinements and developments of this drug, and the various possession and investment traditions cross-interactions. Not, you know, for the sake of the world, but for the sake of storytelling. :)

Gods, imagine a blood-spirit-possessed... ANYTHING.
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <02-23-12/0852:47> »
I'd like to put in a bid? request? proposal? for some (more) tempo-related headlines post-Ghost Cartels period/storyline.  I think there have been a couple of mentions, but  some more follow-up would be great.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #11 on: <02-23-12/1428:01> »
I have a player with a tiger shapeshifter who was, prior to his life in the shadows, being prepared to be a vessal for a blood spirit...

Hmmm.... a blood spirit possessed regenerating physical adept tiger shapeshifter.... 
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #12 on: <02-23-12/2048:57> »
My current game has a vampire possessed by a Master Shedim. Worst part? The vampire was an ex-runner PC who was acting as their fixer when he needed to be retired. This particular one likes adopting some of the vampire's personality to screw with their heads (the vamp was very likable), only dropping the facade of humanity when pushed to his own limits. I try to play him spooky,
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

snowRaven

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <02-26-12/1532:31> »
I'd like to put in a bid? request? proposal? for some (more) tempo-related headlines post-Ghost Cartels period/storyline.  I think there have been a couple of mentions, but  some more follow-up would be great.

There's some stuff in later books, but most of it minor or only partly related. If we're lucky, maybe we'll get to see some more of the fallout.