NEWS

A Clockwork Timebomb?

• 342 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #210 on: <03-15-12/1314:58> »
Now that Twilight Horizon is out, battle lines have been pretty firmly drawn. Netcat, Slamm-O! and Pistons are all going to be gunning for Clockwork, with whoever they can bring with them to the party.
"Hmmmmmmmmm, you can't afford my usual fee, but, guess what...  I'm bored.  I'm in." - Kane.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bruce

• Newb
« Reply #211 on: <03-15-12/1350:45> »
"Horizon's plan to drive a wedge between the Jackpointers worked. Clockwork seems to be on board with it. Fastjack is getting annoyed and is about to start banning people."

Hmmm.  And while Horizon is diverting resources (and losing some) to deal with a minor issue, what is Saeder-Krupp doing?

That's the problem with powerful people deciding to reach down and smack around little people.  One, you never know exactly what those 'little people' might be able to do.  Two, it's a fight; even if Horizon can afford to lose the resources, it's losing resources in a fight that it didn't have to engage in.  Three, while Horizon is weakening itself (however slightly) in a battle with 'little people', their enemies (like S-K) won't be sitting back and watching the Trid.  They'll be looking for whatever advantage Horizon's battle with Jackpoint can provide them.  The odds are high that they'll find something.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #212 on: <03-15-12/1714:40> »
Now that Twilight Horizon is out, battle lines have been pretty firmly drawn. Netcat, Slamm-O! and Pistons are all going to be gunning for Clockwork, with whoever they can bring with them to the party.

What's going on (I don't have that book)?
Basically, Technomancers and AIs started trying to pressure Horizon to do more to help them get rights. Then they found out that Horizon was sabotaging their cause. Then they got angry. Then hell broke loose. Clockwork, being the bigot he is, saw this as the perfect time to care about the innocent lives the evil TMs were endangering, and tried to rally people to the crusade. It... didn't work.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #213 on: <03-15-12/1923:05> »
And here I was thinking the Horizon threat was gone after FastJack wiped all their data on Jackpoint.

Guess they had backups they didn't find.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #214 on: <03-15-12/1942:22> »
No, this isn't to do with Horizon spying on Jackpoint. That door is closed, for the time being. But just because Horizon isn't influencing the situation any more doesn't mean that everyone's going to come together and be one big happy family again. Especially since Clockwork was never that type to begin with.

When I said technomancers, I meant technomancers not involved with Jackpoint.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #215 on: <03-15-12/2003:21> »

What's going on (I don't have that book)?
Basically, Technomancers and AIs started trying to pressure Horizon to do more to help them get rights. Then they found out that Horizon was sabotaging their cause. Then they got angry. Then hell broke loose. Clockwork, being the bigot he is, saw this as the perfect time to care about the innocent lives the evil TMs were endangering, and tried to rally people to the crusade. It... didn't work.

So what is the current fallout on Clockwork?
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #216 on: <03-15-12/2101:29> »
A lot of people on the JackPoint are getting the Day Job quality so they can "Punch The Clock" as often as possible.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #217 on: <03-15-12/2140:01> »
A lot of people on the JackPoint are getting the Day Job quality so they can "Punch The Clock" as often as possible.  ;D
I see what you did there.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #218 on: <03-15-12/2252:17> »
I see what you did there.
;D ;D ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #219 on: <03-16-12/0031:40> »
Heh, nice.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #220 on: <03-16-12/0959:29> »

Nice, omae.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #221 on: <03-16-12/1153:33> »

Arrrgh . . .  thar be puns here!
+1

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #222 on: <03-16-12/1812:14> »
hey, no pirate talk till my birthday

as it were, i'll join the fun of the hunt
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #223 on: <03-17-12/1705:22> »
*DING!*
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #224 on: <03-18-12/1325:15> »
I'm rereading Attitude currently, and it would seem Clockwork may have been affected by Tarder Hillman who is rumored to be a complicated psychological algorithm used by militaries to  brainwash enemy populations (pg 110). Tarder Hillman writes books for Horizon. :o
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada