NEWS

Royal Jelly

• 18 Replies

The Jake

• Newb
  • Coyote says "ORLY?"
« on: <01-16-12/0426:06> »
I picked up Feral Cities and re-read the Chicago section the other day and I stumbled across the reference to royal jelly. I get the impression this is related to the Conspiracy Theories entry pertaining to Bugs improving their merges, adapting to FABIII, etc. I was curious whether this is the last we've seen/heard of royal jelly? Is it all related? Where was this going?

(To add some perspective, my fellow PCs and I are on on the lookout for all sorts of whacked out paranormal substances to try and make the next Tempo. )

PS, seeing Royal Jelly immediately made me think of Xeno-Zip...

- J.
Frag you guys, I'm going home.

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <01-16-12/0512:13> »
it is mentioned in the last fiction in street legend as part of the treatment in the ares compound iirc
« Last Edit: <01-16-12/0552:56> by redwolf »
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-16-12/0526:33> »
royal jelly in the insect world is the food given to prospective queens that change them into queens.  The other workers get a different jelly.

The Jake

• Newb
  • Coyote says "ORLY?"
« Reply #3 on: <01-16-12/0606:47> »
I know what it is in the real world.

I was asking as it applies in a Shadowrun context, because it has already been established it can serve another purpose (such as, but not limited to making bugs resistant to FAB-III bacteria).

- J.

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #4 on: <01-16-12/1329:42> »
Try and find the old Queen Euphoria adventure from 1990. It will give you an idea of what it can be used for.
Andrew Grim

The Jake

• Newb
  • Coyote says "ORLY?"
« Reply #5 on: <01-16-12/1736:43> »
Read it. What I'm referring to is much more recent.

- J.

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-17-12/0420:01> »
It's referenced in Ghost Cartels; the context makes me think it is distributed and sold as a drug.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

The Jake

• Newb
  • Coyote says "ORLY?"
« Reply #7 on: <01-17-12/0517:19> »
It's referenced in Ghost Cartels; the context makes me think it is distributed and sold as a drug.

Really? I'll have to check... I might have missed that. Although I do remember someone telling me that as an angle...

- J.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <01-17-12/0945:11> »
Really? I'll have to check... I might have missed that. Although I do remember someone telling me that as an angle...

- J.
See what happens when you read books on drugs?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #9 on: <01-17-12/1255:48> »
Pretty sure that Royal jelly and the Amber Gel in queen Euphoria are different, yeah.

snowRaven

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <01-17-12/1540:50> »

- J.
See what happens when you read books on drugs?  ;D

LoL!

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #11 on: <01-17-12/1729:55> »
Pretty sure that Royal jelly and the Amber Gel in queen Euphoria are different, yeah.

Technically true, as Euphoria was meant to be the host for the Queen.  Sounds like it can make you resistant to FAB III, though, at least for a time ... might be the only good thing to come out of Mr. Knight's Current Toybox.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-17-12/2019:13> »
Ah, Queen Euphoria. Along with Dragon Hunt, this was the adventure that taught me that, in Shadowrun, sometimes you lose.

More than Dragon Hunt, however, QE makes me sad. You figure that there should always be a CHANCE that you could fight off possession, but...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <01-17-12/2049:18> »
Ah, Queen Euphoria. Along with Dragon Hunt, this was the adventure that taught me that, in Shadowrun, sometimes you lose.

More than Dragon Hunt, however, QE makes me sad. You figure that there should always be a CHANCE that you could fight off possession, but...
Bastard.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #14 on: <01-31-12/0315:52> »

Bastard.
QFT?
Edit: Oh, I see what you did there.