NEWS

What ever happened to Pendragon

• 11 Replies

Stry

• Chummer
« on: <01-13-12/2245:13> »
Before crash 2.0 there was a metaplot about the UK and some guy calling himself Pendragon.   So was that ever resolved?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <01-13-12/2253:26> »
He helped overthrow the Lord Protector, and then disappear. There's some info in Conspiracy Theories.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <01-14-12/1113:00> »
Personally, I'd like to see a LOT more about him.

Fatal Error

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <01-14-12/1318:30> »
The way the Pendragon plot was handled certainly has led me to think there was some deeper meaning or plot behind the whole thing. Unfortunately none of the sourcebooks I've seen had any hard information about him or his supporters. About the only person I know of for sure who was confirmed as a supporter was Rhonabwy.

Henker

• Newb
  • Mystic Adept
« Reply #4 on: <01-16-12/0704:54> »
I have been very surprised (and I still be...) not to have readen more about further development of the pendragon plot in the new supplements.
Eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <01-16-12/0939:08> »
He gets a mention in Conspiracy Theories, where they suggest that, perhaps, he was a plant by the royal family to allow the Queen to take sides against the Lord Protector without starting the fight to take sides against the Lord Protector.

The thing, for me, is how closely he played to the Arthurian myths. Which increases the likelihood to me that he is either a plant by the Queen to rouse the people in a way that only the British would respond to, or else was a free spirit of some kind, in which case the Pendragon might be around, in a different form.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #6 on: <01-16-12/1308:05> »
Or an Immortal that was in England during Arthurian times.

Fatal Error

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <01-16-12/1558:19> »
There has been mention of Rhonabwy supporting fringe groups that endorse Welsh independence, specifically such as the following of the Pendragon. I forget which book mentioned that, Dragons of the Sixth World IIRC. At the very least, that leads me to believe that its not Rhonabwy masquerading as Pendragon, not to mention that Rhonabwy doesn't seem very inclined to take metahuman form at all. So, if there is an immortal involved, its highly unlikely to be a dragon. If it is an IE, the question would be whether its one we know or a completely unknown one. Then again, considering the typical attitudes between IEs and Dragons, I'm not too sure that Rhonabwy would work with or even support and organization or movement started by one. Not unless he saw a great deal of benefit from it, at least.

EDIT: After going back and reading the section on Rhonabwy in DotSW Game Information section, it does clarify his stance on Elves a bit more. It seems he doesn't really have the same bias against elves that most Great Dragons have, instead he has an issue with regimes or organizations that promote elven superiority or privilege. Guess that opens it up again to having the Pendragon be an IE.
« Last Edit: <01-16-12/1605:07> by Fatal Error »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #8 on: <01-16-12/1614:41> »
One of my Missions Authors is setting a series of the 2012 CMPs in London.  he's still working on the initial drafts, so dunno if he's going to play with Pendragon at all, but it's a possibility.

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #9 on: <01-16-12/1825:09> »
One of my Missions Authors is setting a series of the 2012 CMPs in London.  he's still working on the initial drafts, so dunno if he's going to play with Pendragon at all, but it's a possibility.

Bull
He'd better, that much background and wonderful stuff to play with, be a shame to just let it be...  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #10 on: <01-16-12/2007:03> »
Dealing with London is actually something of a word-that-rhymes-with-witch.  The main issue is that the London Sourcebook has the same issue everything written by the Wonder Twins do -- everything in Great Britain is Better Than Everywhere Else.  Their people are better, their magic is more powerful, their crimes are worse, their disasters are bigger, etc. etc. etc.  While Shadows of Europe did tone this down somewhat, the Pendragon really doesn't help matters much, being the flamboyant poncy Scarlet Pimpernel-wannabe he is.

Still, I'm certain that with the changing of the guard and the relative squashing of the Lord Protector's office, things are ... less poncy.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <01-16-12/2109:44> »
On the other side, you can get a proper English breakfast in London like you can't get anywhere else!  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11