NEWS

New AI character programs

• 4 Replies

Zentdiam

• Newb
« on: <01-12-12/1334:44> »
I am making a new AI PC who will specialize in hacking and rigging. I am trying to determine what starting programs I should get as I make the character. I get the 5 programs as part of an AI that are a part of me and so far I have command, attack, analyze, and exploit. What should I take as my fifth internal program? I am also thinking browse as that gives me the basic cover all suite of the absolute basics. Any advice? Should I drop any of the ones I already have picked?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-12-12/1341:48> »
Well, there are people here that think that if you have to enter cybercombat than you've already fragged up the attempt. Listening to them, you'd want to drop attack. Now, I'd still say drop attack, but mainly so you can have both stealth and spoof program integral to you. After all, you're hacking and rigging focused, not a Matrix paladin or somesuch.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Zentdiam

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-12-12/1657:37> »
Good point. I am thinking of just dropping exploit for system too, since it seems to cover almost all the basics of using the matrix. It seems like I would want those basic abilities to exist in the matrix as basic to my char. Is it also worth it to drop analyze and just purchase it as an add on as it is so cheap? Or better to keep it a part of my core skills?
« Last Edit: <01-12-12/1659:39> by Zentdiam »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-12-12/1706:28> »
There's an idea. Use the inherent ones for the ungodly expensive programs (mainly hacking programs), and buy the cheap/no availability ones with money.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #4 on: <01-12-12/1840:37> »
There's an idea. Use the inherent ones for the ungodly expensive programs (mainly hacking programs), and buy the cheap/no availability ones with money.

That's pretty much what I figured for the best path for AIs as well... especially if you wanted to have one that's focused on hacking, since they probably Emerged from a hacker's Agent that got too advanced or something.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me