NEWS

Street Legend Supplimental

• 41 Replies

Jeeves

• Chummer
« on: <01-02-12/1607:59> »
So, I see you made an addition to street legends. 10 people! Whew! Is one of them Harlequin? I'd like to see what happened between Harlequin's Back and 2073.

Ryushiroi

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-02-12/1609:21> »
According to the Table of Contents... Yes...

nakano

• Chummer
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #2 on: <01-03-12/0825:13> »
Yup he is.  And kudos to the author of the background piece for him.  All word of mouth, all the time.  Very different then most of the bios in Street Legends.  Very cool.

Having cherry picked through the book so far, I have to say I am pleased with the bios that have been presented.  Having read Harlequinn, Buttercup, Kane and Slammo! so far I was very entertained.

And /dev/grrl/, ROFLMAO is all I can say.  Too damned funny.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <01-03-12/0839:38> »
My favorite part of that was Fastjack saying "Impressive. I didn’t think anyone would be able to do that with this code but
me. Still, don’t do that."
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <01-03-12/0957:31> »
My favorite part of that was Fastjack saying "Impressive. I didn’t think anyone would be able to do that with this code but me. Still, don’t do that."
Which, you know, is an old man's way of saying, "Do as I say, not as I did." considering what he was probably doing at her age.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-03-12/1008:33> »
My favorite part of that was Fastjack saying "Impressive. I didn’t think anyone would be able to do that with this code but me. Still, don’t do that."
Which, you know, is an old man's way of saying, "Do as I say, not as I did." considering what he was probably doing at her age.  ;D
Which is probably the only reason he didn't zap her for doing that.

My Characters

Jeeves

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <01-03-12/1348:49> »
Just bought it. Just read the Harlequin thing and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRAAAAAAAG!

But i hope this means a third Harlequin Campaign. I absolutely LOVED Harlequin and Harlequin's Back. This has made me giddy as a green runner with his first payout!

Henker

• Newb
  • Mystic Adept
« Reply #7 on: <01-05-12/0742:47> »
The street legends books are great.
They are really entertaining and it really brings the NPC to live.
That a good (and very unique) approach to present stats for NPC for another purpose than to be part of a bestiary :)

To be honest I really enjoyed the first street legends, with Nadja, Lofwyr and Rumyo, but the update with Knight, buttercup and harlequin is  like a christmas gift for old players :D

I was only surprise not to find fastjack, but that is fine, he is not a street legend, he is a shadow legend  :-*
Eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight

Jeeves

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <01-05-12/1319:00> »
Do you honestly think he'd let his personal information show up anywhere for two seconds? Since he's the Chuck-Norris of the 'trix, (You young runners might not recognize the name.) files are only on the matrix because he allows them to remain undeleted.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-05-12/1337:53> »
Do you honestly think he'd let his personal information show up anywhere for two seconds? Since he's the Chuck-Norris of the 'trix, (You young runners might not recognize the name.) files are only on the matrix because he allows them to remain undeleted.
Perhaps Netcat can do his writeup, after a visit to the Resonance Realms. The Resonance never forgets, they say...

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #10 on: <01-05-12/1340:18> »
Even the Resonance is scared of FastJack.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-05-12/1458:21> »
Even the Resonance is scared of FastJack.  ;D
Or he got Perri to remove his files from the Archives.

My Characters

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #12 on: <01-07-12/1419:26> »
Yup he is.  And kudos to the author of the background piece for him.  All word of mouth, all the time.  Very different then most of the bios in Street Legends.  Very cool.

Many thanks, I'm glad to see that some people on here liked it. : )
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

nakano

• Chummer
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #13 on: <01-07-12/1440:19> »

Many thanks, I'm glad to see that some people on here liked it. : )

Honestly, what I enjoyed the most about the background is that while there is some information available, it is all still almost entirely subjective.  Its all predicated on the honesty of Bull, Saint James and of the team of runners in question.  You can take it as fact, or not at your option.  And with an NPC like Harly, he is more then capable of having blurred the lines of reality through illusion, mind control, etc.

So ultimately if you love it, run with it, if you hate it, ignore it, if you are not sure, well maybe the elf just fragged with them all.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #14 on: <01-07-12/1619:01> »
The elf is ALWAYS fragging with you.

Never. Trust. An. Elf.

Bull :)