NEWS

The stylings of Mind over Matter

• 9 Replies

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« on: <12-19-11/0445:12> »
Okay, we all pretty well know Mind over Matter is mostly only good for the Logic/Agility switch. The question is, stylistically, how would such a change look from the outside?

I, myself, picture it as creating a level of hyper-analysis that replaces muscle-memory with lightning-fast analysis and incredibly detailed calculations that, for example, let the mage predict exactly where your fist is going and then be somewhere else with minimal expenditure of movement. I'm sure there's other interpretations, though, and I'm interested in hearing them.

Also, as a secondary note, would skills that used Agility now be considered Logic-linked when dealing with things like PuSHeD?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-19-11/0545:20> »
Primary note: That's about how I'd play it.
Secondary note: Not sure, but I know when I've had enough whiskey to not try and rules-interpret :)
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-19-11/0635:26> »
Pretty much the same, with it looking something like this; Preston is definitely a Mind Over Matter Logic->Agility adept, with lightning-fast analytical skills put into action through pre-practiced forms (kata) arranged in the optimum manner for putting just the right number of bullets into a target to put them down.

Also, no idea on the linked tests.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-19-11/0651:13> »
I, myself, picture it as creating a level of hyper-analysis that replaces muscle-memory with lightning-fast analysis and incredibly detailed calculations that, for example, let the mage predict exactly where your fist is going and then be somewhere else with minimal expenditure of movement.

I like this.  Very nicely structured.

Also, as a secondary note, would skills that used Agility now be considered Logic-linked when dealing with things like PuSHeD?

I don't think so; the power doesn't say it does that, and it would be a quite neat power.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-19-11/0852:25> »
like Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes. The pit fight scene.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #5 on: <12-19-11/0951:27> »
like Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes. The pit fight scene.

Exactly where I got the idea from!  ;D
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Crash_00

« Reply #6 on: <12-19-11/1006:21> »
From a RAW point no, it literally just lets you replace the physical attribute with the corresponding mental attribute. From a balance standpoint I'd also go with no just because of how easy it is to get those Logic skill bonuses.

W.I.Z.

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-14-12/2118:12> »
Was also thinking of the Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias character from Watchman.  I have a character thinking about taking this power and that is what came to mind for me.

Tsuarok

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <05-18-12/2125:07> »
I can't find it.  Where is the power described?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <05-18-12/2224:43> »
I can't find it.  Where is the power described?
It's from War!.