NEWS

Possessed Clones

• 1 Replies

Chaosa

• Newb
« on: <12-06-11/2006:19> »
My players have been sent into a top secret Doc Wagon Facility, it is their job to extract two clones. The clones are maintained by DocWagon in case the originals ever need organ replacements or full body replacements.

They are expecting the clones to be in vats or something apparently. However I would like to mix it up a bit by having the clones possessed by some kind of spirits and be wandering around (sort of like in dollshouse or the Island).

I would like to:
1 Flesh out why they are using possession on the clones. I read somewhere that when someone is possessed they remain in the state that they are in. Ie this means that the clones mind is never active, so killing them is less of an issue and their bodies can be maintained at top form. If it helps the originals believe in past lives, soulmates etc. Money is not a consideration for the client.

2 What capabilities could the clones have to make things interesting? Would they be able to masquerade as normal people. How can the PCs tell that they are being possessed? (They have lost their mage but have someone that is dual natured.) Where in the books could I look?

3 Make it a moral problem. The runners have been told to extract the clones if possible but to destroy them rather than let someone else get hold of them. The runners are already a little panicky after their free spirit was blown away on the way in. Any ideas on making it harder for a reasonably honourable team to kill the clones? One of the clones belongs to a friend of theirs (the clients wife), the other to the client who they don't like much.

Thanks for any ideas. I'm reasonably new at this.

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-12-11/0537:14> »
Heya!

It's all about Street Magic, pg. 101, and some parts of the Digital Grimoire for this.

#1 I don't think a company would do this - there's very little benefit to it, aside perhaps from the Immunity to Normal Weapons to prevent wear and tear.  But perhaps a Possession-tradition magician on staff likes to use the clones as their personal toys?

#2 Unless they're free spirits (an intriguing possibility that could be married up with the "personal playground" idea above) they can't have Masking, so it will be immediately apparent that they're possessed to anyone looking astrally (and getting at least one success on an Assensing roll, I guess)

#3 Have a look at the Escaped Clone Quality in Runner's Companion.  Have the clones' minds become active and suddenly it's not destroying property, it's wetwork.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile