NEWS

The topic of Money!

• 71 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« on: <12-02-11/1701:22> »
Alright so i think I may be going overboard now looking back at the money I'm putting on for missions. These are ranging usually from 30k-100k. I'm not sure this range is right, and i'm just now implementing the Karma for Money and Visa Versa rule. Thus far no one has taken it up yet, we'll see were that goes.

Anyways, consider the pot is usually going to be split up from 3-6 ways sometimes up to 8 people if I get the full house in. So I wanted them to be able to get a fair share of money. Still feel lacking in the DMing aspect of Shadowrun but we have fun which is the important part.

An example of the highest pay one i've made currently is actually a wetwork going after a rich blood mage. (The party already hates this person, so do I since she screwed most of my friends PC wise.) Anyways figure it's going to be really dangerous especially with blood magic metamagic... o.O'

So what's your oppinions on Job offerings. I know the Johnson is supposed to try to get the job done as cheaply as possible so I should probably be giving lower offerings for missions and have them have to talk their way up. I'm also trying to forumlate different awards for completing missions besides money. Contacts are probably pretty good though I think I may be overlooking what I can do there, and who can constitute as a contact, since pretty much anyone can. With that note I've also restricted contacts to being less than connection 6 because I really don't know how to run an NPC with that much connection. xD

So anyone got examples of missions they've offered to their people and how much it was? how to gauge the money for a mission (some will be shitty pay for what you do I know). Or any missions you've gone on for yourself as players. Thanks!

Side Note: I think I may also be crippling my players with lack of being able to find info. Their legwork is limited by my imagination i'm sure so I'm not quite sure I play it up and I may withhold too much information. Tips on that? Thanks again, I love you all. Plutonically of course. :P Except CanRay..... :D
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-02-11/1805:16> »
An example of the highest pay one i've made currently is actually a wetwork going after a rich blood mage. (The party already hates this person, so do I since she screwed most of my friends PC wise.) Anyways figure it's going to be really dangerous especially with blood magic metamagic... o.O'

So how much is the Johnson offering for this job? Since there's a 1 million ¥ bounty on blood mages a Johnson offering 100,000¥ (10%) to the group would not be out of the ordinary...assuming the Johnson wants the body to claim the bounty for him/herself.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-02-11/1808:07> »

So how much is the Johnson offering for this job? Since there's a 1 million ¥ bounty on blood mages a Johnson offering 100,000¥ (10%) to the group would not be out of the ordinary...assuming the Johnson wants the body to claim the bounty for him/herself.

If they decide to try and keep this mage alive to make it to what was it Chicago or denver? Something like that, our games in seattle so might be hard to get there and the Johnson actually wants the person dead. So they wouldn't be collecting that 1 million. Not sure i'd cross someone who can dish out a 100,000 Nuyen for a single bounty. But yeah I see your point there, but I'm thinking someone's going to die on that run they are on or at least it's going to be bloody. (they always have edge to burn)

Edit: No pun intended.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <12-02-11/1810:07> »
Bah, they get some coupons for Stuffer Shack!  They're street scum, they'll love that.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #4 on: <12-02-11/1946:21> »
Thanks again, I love you all. Plutonically of course. :P

It's nice to be loved 'plutonically', I guess...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #5 on: <12-02-11/2048:12> »
I'm used to not being loved.

:'(

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #6 on: <12-03-11/1132:54> »
I'm used to not being loved.

:'(

Don't worry...there must be SOMEbody out there...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <12-03-11/1136:37> »
Don't worry...there must be SOMEbody out there...
Yeah, like Nathan Explosion and his Coma Girlfriend.

No, wait, she cheated on him.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <12-03-11/1247:45> »
>.> you guys are hopeless sometimes... xD

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <12-03-11/1256:52> »
Sometimes?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-03-11/1323:14> »
Sometimes?

I didn't want to make you feel depressed CanRay..... but i'll tell you because you insist.

Your hopeless all the time. xD

Black Sheep

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <12-05-11/1545:36> »
Bah, they get some coupons for Stuffer Shack!  They're street scum, they'll love that.  :P
Completely unrelated to the main topic, but our group's hacker in the last game I played in would leave Stuffer Shack gift cards over the eyes of people he killed, a la coins for the ferryman.

"If I'm gonna kill a man, I should at least cover the cost of a fowty for his friends."

Good times.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <12-05-11/1809:48> »
Sometimes?
I didn't want to make you feel depressed CanRay.....
Far too late.  Someone beat you to it a long time ago.  A looooooooooooooooooooong time ago...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <12-06-11/1310:38> »
An interesting idea... o.O' stuffer shake gift cards over their eyes? o.O'

Black Sheep

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <12-06-11/2210:51> »
An interesting idea... o.O' stuffer shake gift cards over their eyes? o.O'
Yes, oddly, our group ran its operations out of the back room of a Stuffer Shack for most of the campaign. Because we'd do odd jobs here and there for the neighborhood watch to keep that area slightly less crime-ridden, they gave us everything in the store at 5% over cost!

I mean, if THAT'S not a reward worthy of the finest Shadowrunner, I don't know what is.

Other than, you know, money.