NEWS

The Mass Effect Series

• 55 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #45 on: <03-10-12/0844:50> »
Still going through it, but I am enjoying the hell out of using the Kinect voice to give commands and such.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <03-12-12/0947:39> »
uh no....just got tot the Sections with Tali'. I'm also one of those people who likes tho do all the side quests...which appear to be very important in this game
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <03-12-12/1819:14> »
So anyone tried Mass Effect 3? Did anyone finished it?

I finished it. It is a really good game... [spoiler]But the last 15-20 minutes sucks! The worst part is that this game had been so perfect until you get to the end. Endings are crap, no closure at all with your present and past companions (except the ones who die) and Shepard most likely will die during your gameplay (it's quite a feat without playing multiplayer). No matter the ending, the mass effect relays all explodes and your present companions just get stranded without any comprehensible reason on an unknown planet after a crash (they couldn't stay in Sol space like the rest? Why the jump in the first place?). You get attached to those characters, you want to know what happens to them (at the very least like they do in the Dragon Age series). I always replay the Mass Effect games a few times, make different choices, choose new classes but after seeing how this one ends, I'm not going to replay it, nor am I going to play future DLCs. I might (notice I said might) give it another shot if they include another more fulfilling alternate ending (not necessarily happy, but that'd be my preference). In short, that screwed my entire experience of an otherwise very good game.[/spoiler]

What was your Galacitic Readiness Value. I'm one of those sorts that belivings in loading up on every edge I can before going in. And in this game, it looks like we will need it
Echoing through my head

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #48 on: <03-12-12/1825:54> »
It was 50% and the only way to raise it is through multiplayer. Since I don't like multiplayer...
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <03-13-12/1229:21> »
That would be part of it. I'm working on gettinga Cadre together to do the multi-player runs . getting my run and gun and sniping skills back up to speed.
Echoing through my head

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #50 on: <03-13-12/1404:34> »
It was 50% and the only way to raise it is through multiplayer. Since I don't like multiplayer...
Hm. Earlier Bioware interviews indicated that you could reach max without multiplayer at all, it would just take you a lot longer.

I wonder if this changed?

-k

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <03-13-12/1416:50> »
it's not so much War readiness...mines in the upper 3500s for materials, but if you do the Galaxy are war runs, the ending is supposed to be less sucky for Earth as  your various allies have more materials to spare for the war effort when you launch the final assault. you can win playing the game...but very little material to spare for the reconstruction. You still win...but earth isa mess.

Galaxy at war is saving materials for the post war rebuild
Echoing through my head

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #52 on: <03-13-12/1908:44> »
3 stats are going to decide the outcome of your efforts at the end of the game: Total Military Strength, Galactic Readiness Rating and Effective Military Strength.

Total Military Strength: The accumulation of all the war assets and support you gathered.
Galactic Readiness Rating: Base is 50% (higher if you play multiplayer)
Effective Military Strength: It is this number that will decide the outcome. Its value equals the percentage indicated in GRR of your Total Military Strength.

Basically, if you don't play multiplayer, all your assets and support counts for half its value. You have to work twice as hard to get to the best possible outcome (played all the ME games yourself with all the DLCs, including ME3 and you need to explore and recover all assets in the majority of the star clusters available to you.[spoiler]The aim is 5000 Effective Military Strength, although the "best" ending is available at 4000 if you are quick to react at the end.[/spoiler]
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #53 on: <03-13-12/2100:41> »
Ah.

I just hopped into a couple of random quick multiplayer games. Both were suck-fests, but afterwards my Readiness Rating went up by 5%. Also, I was level 8 by the end. So playing seems to raise your ratings pretty quick.

-k

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #54 on: <03-13-12/2106:38> »
Ah.

I just hopped into a couple of random quick multiplayer games. Both were suck-fests, but afterwards my Readiness Rating went up by 5%. Also, I was level 8 by the end. So playing seems to raise your ratings pretty quick.

-k

Just tough it out for a few more games and you'll be golden. ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <03-14-12/1246:33> »
hmm. the ones I ran with were pretty good on team co-ordination  and My readiness rating is at 70%. That does go down daily so best to keep and eye on it
Echoing through my head