NEWS

Australia in the Almanac

• 4 Replies

winterborn

• Newb
« on: <11-05-11/2036:13> »
First of all, hello to everyone. Got back into SR after 15 years out.

Now, the point, does anyone know if the australian section of the almanac was written by an aussie, cos there was one or two factual errors. Other than that, the Almanac was exactly what i wanted. Loving SR4 and trying to recreate my old runner.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <11-05-11/2345:50> »
Not sure, but I heard there were a few pieces here and there that were odd or off.  Can't have someone from everywhere, I guess, too many authors...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #2 on: <11-06-11/0224:36> »
First of all, hello to everyone. Got back into SR after 15 years out.

Now, the point, does anyone know if the australian section of the almanac was written by an aussie, cos there was one or two factual errors. Other than that, the Almanac was exactly what i wanted. Loving SR4 and trying to recreate my old runner.

The original material was from Target: Awakened Lands, and the information was "updated" for Sixth World Almanac. The writers for T:AL were Aussies. Which bits did you find were erroneous? Perhaps I can help clarify it a bit.

winterborn

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-06-11/0349:55> »
Nothing major, just where it refers to the govt relocating to canberra, the fed govt has always been in canberra, it was built to be the capital. Like i said nothing major

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #4 on: <11-06-11/0355:40> »
Nothing major, just where it refers to the govt relocating to canberra, the fed govt has always been in canberra, it was built to be the capital. Like i said nothing major

That was just a bad cut-and-paste effort on behalf of whoever cut-and-pasted from T:AL. What that should have read is that the state capital and state government of NSW relocated from Sydney to Canberra, due to the mana storms (which is how it read in T:AL), and all that stuff.

That's all? I noticed a couple of other things when I picked up Sixth World Almanac ;)