NEWS

Deathwishjoe PBP game OOC/IC

• 110 Replies

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <11-09-11/2131:19> »
Aideen goes back to the back room and starts trying to pull up data on the new toy.  Trying to back hack into the system and see if she can get the plans of the transport.

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <11-10-11/1815:42> »
Adelaide and Ashitara followed the woman into the back room. Adelaide sat and laid her head in the table. She was still feeling the impacts of those bullets very strongly and needed some rest. Ashitara rested her head in the panthress's lap, purring in an attempt to comfort her. Without lifting her head Adelaide spoke, though her words were slightly muffled by her arms. "I don't know how much help I'll be until I recover, but I'll do what I can. From the far off gaze I spotted on ya before a sat down I'm guessing you're on the net? Let me know if you find anything off interest."
The difference between genius and stupidity is Genius has its limits.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #62 on: <11-14-11/1812:49> »
Elsewhere in a bar in redmond and angry wageslave makes a phone call to his underworld contact. Unaware of the gunfight going on outside. 

Damnit Benny I told you what kind of help I was needing! And this is what you send me? Wasn't there anybody out there a little more tough or masculine?  Alright, alright alright.  *sighs* Look just find me someone else.  And I'm not paying more than 2500 Nuyen for the new guy!"

Phone calls are made and messages are sent.  In a matter of moments Murray the dwarf has a conundrum.  He needs to find someone else who runs the shadows.  There was that poor smuch who was in hear a few days ago trying to get in the game the first time.  While mixing up a kamikaze for one of his customers he glances over at the business card of the new guy looking for work in the town.  Well it couldn't hurt to try him out.  After he finished the drink he called up the guys commlink and sent him a message. 

Oi This is Murray I was tending the bar you were at thursday night.  You said you were looking for work and left your business card.  I got a job for you.  it pays 2500 Nuyen for a snatch and grab job.  Stop by if your interested.  Heres the address to the bar just in case.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Murrays tavern address.ady file included. 

White_Ghost

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #63 on: <11-14-11/2201:37> »
It was work. Not good work, thought the white haired irishman as he took a deep draw on one of his last remaining cigarette, but it was work. He scratched at the platinum stubble on his cheek as the autocab  hummed through evening traffic. Useful, autocabs. He mused. If you spoof well enough, and trade them in once in a while, no one is the wiser if it goes missing for a while. And nobody asks why you've got so much luggage. Not much for bathrooms though, thought the man as he exhaled smoke out of his nose.

It was a start. 2500 nuyen could get you places, especially when you were broke. Rock bottom is usually the name of the game when you ghost with no notice. And two weeks had depleted his emergency stash. When the drek went down the pipeline there wasn't much time to grab more than he could carry. But he was lucky, he thought as he nudged the autocab, waking it from it's trafficnet slog "Oy, Ya' can put me down o'er there." He said nodding to a street corner a block from the bar. The cab gave a warm hum and slowed to a gentle stop. "Don' go to far now, I won't be long." Said the man as he stepped out, patting the side of the vehicle, and slipping a tazer into his worn old long jacket pocket. "Off with yer'."

Flicking away a few AR windows and what remained of his cigarette as he reached the bar, he tipped a nod to the bouncers as he passed by. "Gentlemen." Catching the eye of Benny the bartender, the man sat at the bar and waited for him to finish with his other customers.

Time to work out the old kinks.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #64 on: <11-14-11/2224:37> »
The Dwarf hands you a pint of stout and says its on the house. the rest o yer coworkers are waiting for you in the back.  Go introduce yourself.

He sends a message to Aideen saying

Oi' Lass I've got someone else whoes been hired to help out on the gig your doing.  Don't worry hes getting his won share from the Johnson.

« Last Edit: <11-15-11/1836:23> by deathwishjoe »

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #65 on: <11-14-11/2225:58> »
OOC: Adilaide roll bod + will power for each hour yourest.  each success means 1 point of damage healed.  Your due to for your first roll now ish. 

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #66 on: <11-14-11/2231:03> »
Aideen sighed and looked at the text message. "Looks like we've got another coming in.  I wonder if that Johnson hired him, I'm not particularly fond of him." She said with a hint of anger, as she went back to hacking into the site and trying to get the travel plans.

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #67 on: <11-14-11/2345:32> »
Adelaide: Body + Willpower = 6d6.hits(5)=3

With a yawn Adelaide said, "I'm not surprised he decided we needed more help. That Johnson was a right pig's ear. What's the betting the new hire's a bloke?"

Ashitara snuffed. Adelaide scritched behind the cheetah's ears, eliciting a pleased groan.
« Last Edit: <11-15-11/0000:15> by RoseWinde »

White_Ghost

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #68 on: <11-15-11/0111:58> »
"Personally," Said a voice dryly as it's owner pushed open the door to the back room, "I'll be bettin' on the favorable meself-..." He started as he saw the two women in the room and let the door shut slowly behind him, cutting off the deafening chatter in the bar with a sharp "Click"

Next to the door stood an old man, deep lines webbed the corners of his eyes and his brow,  the short hair on his face and head a shock of white. A long brown coat was draped over his left arm. His right arm was obviously high quality chrome, and ended clutching a large pint, the head bobbing precariously. He wore a deep Red buttonup and dark pants ending in worn leather boots. Real leather, not giving off the opalescent shine of the synthetic kind.

Though he looked slightly frumpy at first glance, a second look gave the impression that he could handle himself. He was unnaturally pale and thin as a rod, but there was a straightness to his back and a grace to bearing that gave the impression he wasn't one to be trifled with. He tilted his head down to look over the thickly framed glasses, appraising the two women, his pupils an unnerving shade of crimson.

"Blimey." He said quietly

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <11-15-11/0716:01> »
At the sound of the new voice, Aideen whirled around and drew her gun.  Leveling it at the new comer and growled lowly. "didn't anyone teach you to knock?" She looked the man over and sneered. "That pig doesn't like having women do a job for him, so he hires an old man?" She was about to go have another word with this Johnson, but she slid her gun back into her holster and turned back to the table.  She had made a promise to Murray to not shoot anyone while in his bar, but she was close to breaking that promise now.
« Last Edit: <11-15-11/1701:04> by Kenshinjade »

White_Ghost

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #70 on: <11-15-11/1717:26> »
"Ah." Said the man, a sincere smile splitting his face as the woman pointed a handcannon at his head, "Judged you by your looks did he?" He mused, leaning forward slightly and fixing the vixen with a cool gaze, "How very 'petty" of him." The innuendo was blatantly clear, "You should know better than to judge a trid by it's icon." Beyond the dramatics, he knew she was bluffing. No runner worth her soy was going to blast a stranger for no fraggin reason, in a friends safehouse, surrounded by civvies especially if that stranger was hired by the same Johnson. You don't loose that kind of rep, and no one works with a Ronin. But still, that was a harry of a gun in her hand, so he decided not to push the issue, making a mental note to keep an eye on her.

The man stepped forward gently setting down his pint with a heavy 'tack' on the nearby table and draping his coat over a folding chair and sitting down near his new compatriots and crossing his legs and meeting Adelaide and Aideens' eyes, lingering on the big cat in Adelaide's lap. "You may call me Tom." he said warmly, as if he hadn't just been bodily threatened, and extended his left knobbly left hand, in favor of his cold metallic right one. The two could tell automatically that he was very professional, at least for now, and despite the scruff on his face, he was also quite handsome.
« Last Edit: <11-15-11/1824:13> by Lyca »

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #71 on: <11-15-11/1814:39> »
Waving a lazy hand above her head, which was still resting in the crook of her other arm, Adelaide advised, "Let's find what skills he has to offer. It's not like we have much choice about working with him." She wasn't meaning to be rude, merely stating a fact, but she was more asleep than awake at this point, so her internal editor had been put on break.

Ashitara looked over at this new person. She slunk low over to him, sniffed his boots before standing on her back legs and bracing herself with her front legs on his chest. She looked this man directly in the eyes unblinkingly. After a long moment she gave him a feline smile and a scratchy lick on the cheek. Having found this person acceptable she returned to her master's side.

Adelaide decided this man may be worth seeing for herself if he'd passed Ashitara's inspection. She lifted her head, shaking back her waist length platinum hair, to look at him through half lidded eyes of blue ringed gold. She ran a black furred hand over the fur on her cheek, causing some of the black rings of her fur to shine at a different angle from the rest of her fur. She took in his wiry, but well built, frame and muscles. She nodded. "Interesting." Having satisfied her curiosity enough for now she laid her head back amidst her arms.
« Last Edit: <11-15-11/1817:21> by RoseWinde »

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <11-15-11/2100:23> »
Aideen looked Tom over and nodded. "Mine name is Aideen.  What have you been told?" She asked Tom while she went back to poking at the toy manufacturer's site.  Grumbling under her breath at the firewalls and other annoyances.

White_Ghost

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #73 on: <11-15-11/2222:18> »
Tom slowly stuck a hand out as the big cat approached him, sniffing around his boots. He froze in surprise when Ashitara stood on her hind legs and pushed him back in his chair with her large paws. He resisted the urge to blink or swallow as she stared him down, and couldn't help but to detect more than an animal's intelligence behind the large pools of gold. Just as he did, she gave him a rough lick on his face. He looked to her owner, making heavy eye contact as she appraised him as well. 'what an extraordinary couple.' He thought inwardly. ". . . And what might your names be?" He asked quietly, his hand raised to his chin.

"So far," He said, turning to the Kitsune as he rubbed the cheek that was newly embalmed in cat saliva, "I know that we're on a bag job, nothin' else more particular." He shifted his weight in his chair, reaching to grab his beer with his Cyberarm and taking a long swill. "I'm a Decker," He chuckled at the word, it didn't really even remotely describe the kind of things he really did in the matrix, "Ar. . . Hacker that is. I'll provide support as needed." He smiled nodding at Aideen, "Feel free to let me know how I might be of service."

[spoiler]OOC: Where Can I check out your guys' character sheets, if at all? Stick a link in your post if ya like.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-16-11/1115:30> by Lyca »

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #74 on: <11-15-11/2231:11> »
OOC:  Make sure you put thoughts in green.  and we haven't posted our character sheets.