NEWS

So, why is Rox still in a box?

• 72 Replies

Fatal Error

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <12-22-11/1701:03> »
I think Roxy is the personification of Human Evil.

Absolutely...why do you think I'm going to have him involved in said upcoming game? Evil evil evil.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <12-22-11/1712:44> »
I'm thinking aout how he could be used in the future, if at all, and I keep coming back to the idea that he's a solution in search of a problem. He needs to get out of teh box and start walking around, giving us a nice Big Bad for a while. His company doesn't have the resources or it'd have happened by now. Other corporations *might* have the ability to do so, however. If he could somehow be addded to one of those, then things start into motion. To what end, who gets involved, when it happens, and what does it lead towards, however, are all story sparks.

Might have to type out some thoughts on this...

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #62 on: <12-22-11/1856:33> »
... and I keep coming back to the idea that he's a solution in search of a problem. He needs to get out of teh box and start walking around, giving us a nice Big Bad for a while. His company doesn't have the resources or it'd have happened by now.

... Great Captain's Ghost, why ?!?

Look, the best high-end opponents are those who recur.  More, those who are functionally untouchable.  Lofwyr.  Damien Knight.  The Shiawase Family, Buttercup, any Great Dragon or major CEO, etc. etc. etc.  Darke is a fantastic villain, Dr. Halberstam still gives me the willies 25 years post-Renny, I damn near break into panicked tears whenever I re-read Captain Chaos announce to everyone to 'Let the world know.  There are bugs here.'

'Ultimately' defeating any of these, with the possible exclusion of Darke or Halberstam, is an event that in most campaigns is never likely to happen.  (Or even unlikely to happen.)  The individuals, and Roxborough can be counted amongst them, are simply too powerful, too influential, and/or too well-protected.  You might get fried by your Opponent directly; you might get shot by the bodyguards.  You might get captured, tortured, interrogated, then brainwashed into being a good little corporate stooge.

Roxborough is so intensely interesting because all he can do is plot, plan, and send mooks out to do his dirty work.  Oh, I expect by this point he's a moderately competent hacker; I also expect by this point for him to be missing more than a couple of links in the chain anchoring him to reality.  But my god, if for some reason he casually disses the PCs (who are nobodies in his eyes), and they make their life goal 'doing him wrong', they'll eventually gain his attention -- and then he'll go to work on them.

Rox becoming a Big Bad?  He already is.  Enabling him to walk around in the flesh just lessens his threat level.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #63 on: <12-22-11/1929:04> »
If Roxy's brain is still intact, there's a solution already available. Cyborgs.

Or he can just rig himself some anthroform drones. :)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <12-22-11/2041:59> »
... Great Captain's Ghost, why ?!?

Brainstorming a bit, mainly. Out of those mentioned, the Shiawase family ... I don't want to say 'is no more', but they had one heck of a turnover but have largely lain fallow ... Aside from the dyanastic change of the Corporate Handbook, what have they done? Darke is dead. Lofwyr will always be around but, equally, is pretty much untouchable for any PC group, ever. (Mind, now that we have stats, well, there's an old adage that applies.:) )

Besides, every now and then, you need to set aside some toys and see what the others can do. When Horizon's story is told, who's up next? After the long-term Tempo arc finishes, what's next? Who picks up the pieces after the Dragon CIvil War?

Rox is still in the box, waiting for his turn to come out and play. And I can't think of a better 'unwrapping' then a press conference that features him walk out on stage, smile, and simply saying "I'm back." That should give people the willies.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <12-22-11/2101:57> »
Roxy vs. Brackhaven for Governor!

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <12-22-11/2113:21> »
The problem is not scientific. It's metaphysical.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #67 on: <12-22-11/2147:42> »
Roxy vs. Brackhaven for Governor!
Finally, a legit reason for voting for Brackhaven.  Whodathunkit?

'Course, shoot them both and hold new elections, and everything is much, much better.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <12-23-11/0439:32> »
Besides, every now and then, you need to set aside some toys and see what the others can do. When Horizon's story is told, who's up next? After the long-term Tempo arc finishes, what's next? Who picks up the pieces after the Dragon CIvil War?
A plot never just goes away.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <12-23-11/0733:23> »
A plot never just goes away.
Yes, it just gets put in a box and never mentioned again. ;)

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <12-23-11/0838:25> »
No, that was just the character Leonardo.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <12-23-11/1021:15> »
No, that was just the character Leonardo.

Whonardo?

Never heard of him.

SUCH A PERSON DIDN'T EXIST.

(ahem)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <12-23-11/1811:49> »
Dude.