NEWS

Xabulba's PBP OOC

• 88 Replies

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <10-31-11/2301:06> »
Ah, I stand corrected. I could have picked up a better quality SIN, too.
It's ok. I built mine "legal" as well. Just thought I'd point it out in case you still had some flex.

clashmasterj

• Newb
« Reply #46 on: <11-01-11/0042:23> »
Sorry I'm taking so long, the last couple of days have been hectic, and I'm trying to come to grips with the stats I'm being forced to settle with  :'(
Should be ready by tomorrow night.
Player : "Can I call one of my hacker friends?"
GM : "You don't have any friends."
Player pouts.

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« Reply #47 on: <11-01-11/0046:51> »
Armor question: I've had a lot of recommendations to take Form-Fitting Full-body armor. The suit includes booties, gloves, and a hood. Would I need to wear the hood/booties to get the full armor rating? I'm guessing the answer is "yes", but I wanted to check with you first.

Related question: Arsenal says that for the form-fitting armors, you count encumbrance as if the ratings were halved, rounding down. The half body suit is 4/1.....if you round down, then it would count as 2/0, so you're basically getting one impact armor for "free". Is this correct?
« Last Edit: <11-01-11/0049:08> by jonathanc »

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #48 on: <11-01-11/0213:14> »
I posted an early version of my build here: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=5274.0

I got some decent feedback, but I'm not sure I'm interested in min-maxing to the max here.

If you have any spare creds you might want to pick up some AP ammo in case you're firing at cars or armored trolls.
The availability on APDS is too high for a starting character.

May I direct your attention to this earlier post?

No limits on availability or gear, with the exception of military hardware.

If you guys vote for a war games or critter hunting style game then military hardware would be freely available.

That quote is out of context - it was in reply to me wanting to know if he was lowering the Availability of Gear, or us using Restricted Gear Quality. So, technically, you can have APDS, if you have the Restricted Gear Quality, would be my interpretation of things. If I'm mistaken, that means that I can cash in my 3 * Restricted Gear and spend another 15BP...

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #49 on: <11-01-11/0815:58> »
Phylos is corect, Availability for starting gear is per SR4a build rules. I was only saying that I'm not adding any further restrictions to gear.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <11-01-11/0823:10> »
oops. Sorry for misunderstanding it.

At least I didn't follow my own wrong advice.

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #51 on: <11-01-11/2101:03> »
D3ck3r just bowed out so I'm going to add an alternate player named Operator.
« Last Edit: <11-01-11/2103:35> by Xabulba »

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <11-01-11/2138:49> »
D3ck3r just bowed out so I'm going to add an alternate player named Operator.
... D3ck3r's hacker is why I didn't bring my technomancer.

A double-if. IF Operator doesn't want to be a hacker and IF you permit, I'll swap Runt (TM) for E-tool (Mage).

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #53 on: <11-01-11/2249:07> »
I have no problems with making a hacker character, though I'll have to draw him up from the ground.

Meanwhile, I have a mostly usable 400 BP incarnation of a light-augmented street sam ready to roll. He also can serve as a backup face.

jonathanc

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <11-01-11/2332:59> »
If you've already got a sam/face ready to go and Kirk has a TM that he'd rather be playing, let's roll. It's not too late to retcon our arrivals a little bit.

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #55 on: <11-02-11/1014:57> »
Kirk are you going to swap characters or are you ready to go?

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <11-02-11/1506:06> »
sorry, I was waiting for you to approve the swap.  Do you want me to edit my IC post, or make a new post?

For fast info for all till I get it posted when I get home tonight: Runt is a troll. Distinctive: dresses like a Southern Gentleman (picture Colonel Sanders, plus Panama Hat, goblinized as a troll).

jonathanc

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <11-02-11/1517:16> »
sorry, I was waiting for you to approve the swap.  Do you want me to edit my IC post, or make a new post?

For fast info for all till I get it posted when I get home tonight: Runt is a troll. Distinctive: dresses like a Southern Gentleman (picture Colonel Sanders, plus Panama Hat, goblinized as a troll).
This game just got epic.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <11-02-11/1614:41> »
Xabulba, I need a GM ruling on TM abilities. (I can run either way, but don't want to plan wrong.)

Can I thread Tacnets? Emotisofts? Some GMs allow, some don't, and there's a range of compromises between.

Also, this character as built has a piece of cheese (rules abuse) I stuck in back when I built him that I'll drop in a heartbeat if you rule it unacceptable.  He has a revolver on which he's loaded a pilot so it's a drone. He then uses remote control  (gunnery+command) to shoot.

It's always the little things...

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #59 on: <11-02-11/1646:44> »
Xabulba, I need a GM ruling on TM abilities. (I can run either way, but don't want to plan wrong.)

Can I thread Tacnets? Emotisofts? Some GMs allow, some don't, and there's a range of compromises between.

I would say yes but with a huge penalty unless you have high skills in psychiatry, Kinesiology and psychoanalysis.

Also, this character as built has a piece of cheese (rules abuse) I stuck in back when I built him that I'll drop in a heartbeat if you rule it unacceptable.  He has a revolver on which he's loaded a pilot so it's a drone. He then uses remote control  (gunnery+command) to shoot.

It's always the little things...

The gun would have to be attached to a controllable mount or you would need to have Skillwires, otherwise the gun wouldn't be able to aim its self.