NEWS

Shallow End [OOC]

• 128 Replies

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #120 on: <10-29-11/1639:08> »
I think he means delegate some to your fellow players.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #121 on: <10-29-11/1658:59> »

I think he is addressing those junkies I left in my flat in my first post in IC :)
And about my fellow teammates...
Well
They have their own contacts and resources..so possibly they can USE THEM to get us something usefull before the shits starts to rain from the sky...  ;D
well
this would mean even more questions for you to answer, Kirk :)

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #122 on: <10-29-11/2016:29> »

I think he is addressing those junkies I left in my flat in my first post in IC :)
And about my fellow teammates...
Well
They have their own contacts and resources..so possibly they can USE THEM to get us something usefull before the shits starts to rain from the sky...  ;D
well
this would mean even more questions for you to answer, Kirk :)
Yap i meant the army of VR'ing junkies at a flat somewhere not sure if they are able to help but i suggested to ask, as for the team, V can make a Data search but a weak one.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <10-30-11/1257:49> »
Well datasearch is one thing, but some legwork...and contacts, all I have is you in this part of the world :(

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <11-01-11/2206:46> »
this is getting on the slow side, might be I am part of the problem but i really do not see how Valkyrie could help at this stage, sending her watcher over there would only be a warning to the Security, i think.

the other thing, can some one of the team give the ones here with Bounty hunter and body guard licenses a legitimate job, like hiring us on a contract? so we had a reason to be there, not maybe in the conference but the hotel and with equipment.
???
« Last Edit: <11-01-11/2227:03> by Kouryuu »
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <11-02-11/0315:33> »
I appreciate your move Kour..well...you tell me than NOBODY from our team has ANY contacts in local area that should be of use to gain some more info? Prewarned is prearmed, old wise man says...

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #126 on: <11-07-11/1242:26> »
I am pulling the plug, though it's probably obvious to all the game is catatonic.  I'd like to thank all who tried, with me, to make it run.

I've learned a few lessons about GM'ing PbP, things I did wrong here, which I hope to use to good effect in the future.  Though they may be obvious to others, I'll share.

1)  LESSON: Hammer a group together before you start, and do it swiftly. I didn't start with a solid group. Part of that was my fault. Because of the overly clever way I wanted to start (see error two), I actually added to the delay and problems getting a group together.

2) LESSON: Do not get cute with strangers. The startup I had in place put three different runs in the hands of three different individuals, and I expected them to drag everyone else into play. It would have worked with a face-to-face REGULAR group. It probably would have worked for PbPers who had played together for a while.  There were too many stall points for the throw-together PbP group.

2a) If I were doing this again, I'd start with one solid, single, small run just to make it a combined group. THEN toss in the actual arc missions that require a bit of finesse.

3) LESSON: Failures to communicate are my fault. More accurately, if the game is stalled it's because everyone's waiting for someone to act. Either they're waiting for me to speak or they're waiting for me to push the person who is supposed to act. Openly prod, quit being considerate and subtle. Better to be loud and wrong than right and, well, have a dead game.  Wrong can be fixed.

4) LESSON: Stick to one communications medium. This goes back to being cute, but I started in messages to allow players to have some secrecy and swing. This left a legacy of confusion with players wondering if they should act or not.  Next time: if it's PbP, use the OOC for the "private" stuff. Just hammer players if they abuse the secret knowledge others shouldn't know.

Again, thanks to all the players who tried. Hopefully we'll play together in the future -- and actually play instead of, well, see another game die.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <11-07-11/1301:26> »
 :'(

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #128 on: <11-07-11/1315:25> »
I really liked the ideas you had and i bet you would make a great GM, but this kinda died in the confusen on what has to be done.
I would really love to play a game you GM in the future so head up.  ;)
RainDragonBar