NEWS

Need 1-2 players for a Seattle IRC game

• 12 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« on: <10-24-11/1806:23> »
So I'm currently running an IRC game in Seattle that once again needs more players. We currently have three, as several of the players we've rotated through have quit or dropped out for various reasons, and I'm looking for some solid people, who are willing to be dedicated and actually stick around.

The campaign takes place in Seattle, and the current team consists of an Elf Technomancer rigger, an Elf summoner of a custom tradition, and an Ork adept combat medic. We're also a pretty heavy RP group. When combat goes down, its intense, but we have had entire sessions go by without a single shot being fired, so if you find lots of talking and legwork boring, this isn't the campaign for you.

I would also like to stress the importance of showing up regularly and participating in the IRC channel. This isn't just about showing up once a week for the game and then immediately bailing. We want people who will be comfortable as part of the group, as it helps work up a dynamic with the characters when the players are familiar with each other. So if you can make time to drop into the IRC throughout the week, all the better.

We play in an IRC channel on Sundays, usually starting at 5 PM PST and going until people are too tired to keep playing. Dice are rolled using dice bots, and we occasionally bring Maptools into things if we need a visual aid in combat.

The server is irc.darkmyst.org
the channel is #elemestia

And I would like to stress again that I'm only looking for people who can show up regularly and see this campaign through to the end. I've had too many IRC games end prematurely because players join all gung ho and then a few weeks later they stop showing up. It's getting pretty frustrating.

750 Karma build, 12 Avail, Standard rules for Karma build apply. All source books are allowed. Basically all the Advanced Rules are in use. Severe Wounds are in play. If there's an optional rule you like, I'll probably allow it, like Initiating for Power Points, Geas to reduce Power cost, Spending Edge to reduce Extended Test intervals, basically the entirety of Runner's Companion, so on and so forth.

A few house rules that have already been established in use.

1: Free Knowledge skills, same as in BP. (Intuition + Logic)*3.
2: Free Contact points, equal to Charisma*2.
3: One piece of gear, up to Avail 16, can be taken without needing the Restricted Gear quality. Any further pieces of gear needs the quality as normal.
4: IP boosts from Drug use stack with all other IP boosters, up to the max of 4 IP.
5: All IP boosters, with the exception of Synaptic Boosters, have to be activated before they can be used. This is technically already the rule, but I'd just like to clarify that I'll be heavily enforcing it.
6: Rockets are fired like a normal ranged attack test. If you miss, roll scatter to see by how much. Missiles operate the same way, except their Sensor rating is used as a penalty on the target's defense test. This makes said weapons actually useful, rather than woefully inaccurate.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-27-11/1356:19> »
No Luck yet eh?
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-27-11/1404:04> »
It tempted me. Unfortunately 5 PST Sunday is 9 EST Sunday for me. I do have to be awake Monday morning, and not because I didn't go to sleep.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-28-11/1604:17> »
It tempted me. Unfortunately 5 PST Sunday is 9 EST Sunday for me. I do have to be awake Monday morning, and not because I didn't go to sleep.

I have to be awake the next day as well.... :P of course it's 5 o clock to me though i wonder how some of the other people in the game do it because they are east coast as well.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Naki

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-29-11/1256:09> »

I have to be awake the next day as well.... :P of course it's 5 o clock to me though i wonder how some of the other people in the game do it because they are east coast as well.

It works for us because it usually ends at 2~2:30 for us in EST. Not so bad, unless of course you have to be up in 4 or so hours after ;)

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-01-11/1637:33> »

It works for us because it usually ends at 2~2:30 for us in EST. Not so bad, unless of course you have to be up in 4 or so hours after ;)

Crazy people and their crazy time zones....

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <11-02-11/1747:43> »
Are you still looking for players?  I'd be interested.  It's hard to find a more RP heavy game rather than the gun-ho combat run games.  I have a few characters already premade for the off occasion that I need an NPC or a new player character so I can jump in pretty quickly.

Naki

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <11-02-11/2304:02> »
To answer for Ryo, as he's been fairly busy this week - we've only had 1 person inquire so far. Presume the answer is 'yes, it's still open'.

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <11-03-11/0137:38> »
Ah, thank you.  Perhaps I should just inquire again once he is able.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-03-11/1803:25> »
Yes, there is still one slot open. Feel free to stop by the IRC.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-04-11/1748:37> »
See you there! :P

Bladecutter

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <11-06-11/1416:00> »
I'll post my interest, if you still have a slot open.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-07-11/0442:31> »
Mmkay, this is now filled. Got all the players we need.