NEWS

Urban Brawl -- 6th scenario [finished]

• 186 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-30-11/1458:11> »
@Zach:

[OOC:  If you're not going to do anything else this CT and just want to move forward to the next CT here's the drone's 2nd CT Vehicle test: Response 4 + Maneuver 4 + Speed advantage 2 = (10d6.hits(5)=2).]

@Firewall:

The dwarf looks you up and down sizing you up.  Then suddenly without warning he start cracking up hysterically.

"I might as well take the package myself and hand it over to the authorities with a cute little bow and a card attached to it....hahahahaha"

His laugh slowly dies into a chuckle and he wipes tears from his eyes with his forearm.

"Good one Mr. Elf, good one.....  well, enlighten me.  What is it exactly that you do?"

He chuckles some more and then tries to compose himself.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <10-30-11/2304:40> »
It's been a shitty week. I've hit a dead end and lost the trail of my quarry, and now I have to spend some time regrouping. Some additional funds would be helpful if I plan to stay on the good side of the landlord next month.

[OOC: rolling initial money: (Middle Lifestyle starting nuyen (4d6=14) +3 for remaining initial funds) * 100 = 1700 nuyen]

Thunderhead walked into the talisman shop in Renton where he had befriended the owner, a middle-aged male dwarf named Hatcher. He was known to have skills in locating hard to find magical reagents, and it was rumored that he could help develop new spells and rituals. He was also known to be someone who was in constant need of goods and services for barter and trade, and Thunderhead thought he'd see if there was any quick work to be had.

"Hello, chummer Hatcher. I'm still interested in having you develop that spell we talked about. I'm again short on currency, but this time I finally have time to perform some of those 'services' you mentioned the last time we spoke."

[OOC: edited Hatcher's description from female troll to male dwarf to reflect GM's subsequent post.. unless it's a REALLY ugly bearded female troll]

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #17 on: <10-31-11/0229:35> »
"Never mind what I do, I charge extra for a game of 20 Questions. You have something you want moved from A to B and here I am. If you think I look like a cop, then perfect; the scumbags will avoid me and the police will ignore me."

Christ, what kind of fumes has this guy been huffing that he thinks I look like a cop?
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-31-11/1722:16> »
@Thunderhead:

Hatcher greats you in a friendly but business-like manner and scratches his braided beard and thinks a little about your request before responding.  When he talks his tattooed face creases and gives him the wizened look of someone well beyond his years. 

"I would love to help out a client who's short on cred, but researching a spell is a pretty time consuming endeavor.  I'll tell you what...  I'm constructing a spell focus right now that just needs one last reagent and I'm fresh out.  Now this stuff is hard to come by on the market and your best bet is going out and getting it yourself.  I was going to go this weekend out to the woodlands out east, but if you could save me the dangers and the hassles of the trip.....I'll try and get that spell you're looking for up and running.  The stuff I need is called Beixaflor.  It's a flower from an awakened plant.  It grows very sporadically out east in the wilderness if a mana pool forms for long enough.  If you can get it to me in usable condition, we'll call it a fair trade."

@Firewall:

The Amerindian looking dwarf stops chuckling altogether.

"It ain't cuz you look like a cop Mr. Elf....it's cuz if you're planning on moving what I need moved, you're gonna need a few helpers.  From the way you walked in that door, it don't look like you got a posse to back you up yet.....and from the way you're scoping out the 'ware in this garage you're probably someone who covers matrix and tech support.  You're gonna need muscle, mojo and then someone who knows routes.  But don't sweat it Mr. Elf, I ain't tellin' ya t'get lost."

He stands up and puts his tools down, walks over to a desk and opens up a paper note-book. ....this guy really does seem old school. 

"I'll tell you what....If I can't find a full team that already works well together, then I'll give you a ring and we'll see if we can't fit you in somewhere.  So just so you know what you're getting into.  I need this package moved across the border into NAN territory.  The first part should be a piece of cake and that is driving close to the border.  The other half is the real hastle....you're gonna have to foot it a few miles over the border in the goddamn woods until you reach the pickup zone.  You up for that?"

@Brick:

Zach's running late....that ain't typical for the ork....

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-31-11/1810:37> »
@Zach:

CT2, IP1
Drone ----------------------<<long>>------------------------------Zach

[OOC: You won the test so you now change the engagement range to "Long."  Now you can take a break away action. That means make another Vehicle Test with a theshold of 2.   If you're not going to do anything else for your 2 other IP's this turn, then just roll your next CT's Vehicle Test. ]

You start weaving in and of traffic and before you know it you've put even more distance with the drone who is still fast in pursuit.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #21 on: <10-31-11/1931:03> »
Brick walks by Graicie's again still not seeing the ork's bike in the lot. Something is wrong here. He was supposed to be here by now... Brick pulls up a private AR window and places an audio only call to Zach.

(OOC: if Zach answers the call Brick will ask him, "What's going on? Why aren't you here yet?")
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #22 on: <10-31-11/1932:24> »
"Yes, I'm a little more...technically minded but I know how to make a bang when it's necessary. NAN territory doesnt bother me enough to make me say no, but I have to ask the most important question before I agree; what are you offering for this?"
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <10-31-11/1937:41> »
@Firewall:

"For a 4 man team I'm offering 20,000 nuyen.  I've also got some great prices on some good vehicles if you're ever looking to buy."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #24 on: <10-31-11/1956:11> »
Only thing what Brick gets is "not available at the moment" screensaver....

Break away:
1.IP
RE(7)+Bike(6)+AR(1)+Handling(2)-OnRoad(2) (14d6.hits(5)=7)(critical success)

Vehicle test for next CT
RE(7)+Bike(6)+AR(1)+Handling(2)-OnRoad(2) (14d6.hits(5)=5)
« Last Edit: <11-01-11/0407:57> by Sichr »

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #25 on: <10-31-11/2249:51> »
"Alright, you've got Matrix support. I'll...think about the vehicle, I'm probably going to need one soon.

What can you tell me about the package? Is it heavy, explosive, delicate, magical.....?"
« Last Edit: <11-01-11/0451:50> by Socinus »

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <11-01-11/0915:45> »
Hmm, I seem to remember reading something about that particular plant...

[OOC: Botany (2) + Logic (2) (4d6.hits(5)=1)]

"Yes, I am familiar with that plant. You have a deal." Thunderhead holds the dwarf's gaze for a moment longer to seal the contract.

Thunderhead walked out of the small store and onto the streets of Renton. He could feel Max's presence at his side, even though the huge Fenrir Wolf was invisible due to the spell he'd cast before they left their apartment. His sustaining focus, a wrought iron bead woven into his beard, felt slightly warm to the touch as it powered the illusion. As he walked down the street, people would immediately give them a wide berth, without even knowing that Max was there. It seemed that the wolf's innate Fear power worked even through the invisibility spell.

Overhead, Shoryuken floated on thermal updrafts from the city, looking for food and keeping an eye on Thunderhead and Max. The Merlin Hawk would prove invaluable in his search for the Beixaflor, as it had the ability to cast a huge breadth of Detection spells.

Thunderhead got into an automated cab, with Max bounding in behind him. The cab settled to the ground with a creak as the 150-kg animal jumped into the vehicle. Thunderhead instructed the cab to head east towards the border and settled back in the cab's uncomfortable seat.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-04-11/2053:31> »
@Zach:

You kick the clutch on your bike and twist the gas one last time and you take off down a side alley which loses the drone completely.  You make it back outside the downtown SIN zone and breath a sigh of relief.  You wonder if there are any smuggling routes that could be safer.  Maybe just  a call to Brick would be easier.

@Brick:

Zach's really late....you wonder what is going on. 

@Firewall:

The dwarf looks at you.  Then he looks both ways as if making sure no one is around and then lowers his voice and whisper to you.

"Real coffee beans.  None of this soy crap...not even some of that gene-manipulated stuff you can buy at Evo-licious Community Food stores downtown.  Some chieftain in the boonies apparently is quite the connoisseur.  He's paying a hell of a lot for it.  You're gonna need to carry about 500 kilos of this stuff.  So hopefully we can assemble the right team."

@Thermo:

Almost as if reading your mind, Smiley your fixer calls you up.

"Hey Thunder....I spotted an add floating around the VPN's about a smuggling job.  If you're interested here's the address."

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #28 on: <11-05-11/0025:09> »
Firewall blinks a little, expecting something a little more...illegal.

Is this guy serious? Whatever, money is money. At least we'll stay awake during the journey. Didn't expect my first job to be...moving coffee, even if it is the real stuff.

"Alright, do we have a truck to move it with or should I get working on that?"

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-05-11/0853:11> »
@Firewall:

"I'll take you right up to the border, and then you're gonna have to hike it about 10km to the drop off.  You can rest up and then hike back and i'll be at the border waiting for ya."