NEWS

Looking for group in NW Ohio

• 9 Replies

jago107

• Newb
« on: <10-10-11/0452:03> »
I've never taken part in a tabletop RPG, but after hearing some stories about how much fun it can be, I'd really like to give it a try. I've played plenty of role-playing video games so I get the gist of progressing your character and what not.

I live in Lima, Ohio, and I'm hoping to find a group nearby that would be willing to let me join and show me the ropes.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-10-11/0600:02> »
Jago, do you have a local game store you live near?  if so that might be your best bet.
Living the Electronic Dream

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: <10-10-11/0602:31> »
Very true I live in theToledo area and my group isn't planning on playing SR at least until the next year. But  I'm considering getting a semi-regular event going at one of my local gaming stores, if I can get enough interest going. If you're interested let me know.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

jago107

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-10-11/1542:02> »
Jago, do you have a local game store you live near?  if so that might be your best bet.

A GameStop. But I doubt that's the right type of game store. Can you give me an idea of stores that would be right?

jago107

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-10-11/1544:41> »
Very true I live in theToledo area and my group isn't planning on playing SR at least until the next year. But  I'm considering getting a semi-regular event going at one of my local gaming stores, if I can get enough interest going. If you're interested let me know.

Definitely interested.

jago107

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <10-10-11/1548:06> »
I almost forgot a small note. I've heard that the 4th edition of the game kinda sucks. Would it be possible to play 2nd or 3rd edition?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <10-10-11/1602:55> »
*ahem*

The Fourth Edition you may be hearing about is probably 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons. 4E Shadowrun is the best edition I've seen so far, although some may not like it.

As for gaming stores, check local comic book shops. I noticed you're near Alter Ego Comics. If they don't have what you're looking for, they should be able to tell you where to find it or order it for you.

jago107

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-10-11/1611:19> »
*ahem*

The Fourth Edition you may be hearing about is probably 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons. 4E Shadowrun is the best edition I've seen so far, although some may not like it.

As for gaming stores, check local comic book shops. I noticed you're near Alter Ego Comics. If they don't have what you're looking for, they should be able to tell you where to find it or order it for you.

No, I'm talking about 4e SR. From what I've heard they changed how everything was wired before and now everything is wireless which means anybody can be hacked at any time. I don't really like the sound of that.

I actually was thinking about Alter Ego as being a good place to start. There's also a Waldenbooks in my local mall that I know has some anime/Star Wars/D&D/other "nerdy" stuff. I bought a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide there as well as World War Z. I figure I could go check today.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-10-11/1645:59> »
*ahem*

No, I'm talking about 4e SR. From what I've heard they changed how everything was wired before and now everything is wireless which means anybody can be hacked at any time. I don't really like the sound of that.

I actually was thinking about Alter Ego as being a good place to start. There's also a Waldenbooks in my local mall that I know has some anime/Star Wars/D&D/other "nerdy" stuff. I bought a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide there as well as World War Z. I figure I could go check today.

Well a lot of things are wireless, but they dont HAVE to be wireless. You also have to deal with Firewalls and the like, it's not like it's a walk in the park to hack someone.

There are still some wired systems, and even systems that block Wireless from leaving the building. (kinda like my paraniod IT teacher.... o.O)

I'm playing 4th and I like it, though i haven't played the previous.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

jago107

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-28-11/0246:48> »
Looks like I have a friend who's interested as well.