NEWS

Steathmobile

• 13 Replies

Barskor

• Chummer
« on: <10-04-11/0900:48> »
Hyundai Shin Hyung                                                                                                           GMC Hermes Delivery Van                           
Signature Masking 6 6 slots 12,000                                                                               Signature Masking 6 6 slots 12,000
Rigger adaptation 1 slot 2,500                                                                                        Rigger adaptation 1 slot 2,500                                                                                       
Chameleon Coating 1 slot 10,000                                                                                 Chameleon Coating 1 slot 10,000                                                                                       
Ram plates front and back 2 slots 5,000                                                                      Ram plates front and back 2 slots 5,000                                                                     
Drive a near invisable car you should expext the bumpin ;D                                     Valkyrie Modual 2 slots 2,000
Spoof chip 500 Morphing license plate 1000                                                             Life Suport level 1 1 slot 8500
                                                                                                                                               Turbo Charge 4 4 slots 3,400
                                                                                                                                               Comes with 2 small landing drone racks
So which would you want?                                                                                             Spoof chip 500 Morphing license plate 1000     

« Last Edit: <10-06-11/0037:15> by Barskor »

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-04-11/0941:27> »
The Hermes, take off the ram plates and the signature masking, and never drive it in "invisible" mode. Instead use the chameleon to look like UPS or FedEx or Two Orks and a Troll Pizza Delivery.

The consistent problem with your vehicles is that they are Distinctive Signatures.  The instant there's a report of an invisible van or a flying motorcycle or a walking mecha everyone knows something is up. You can be tracked by the wrecks - and even with the ram plates you're going to take some damage. You aren't going to surprise anyone, you're not going to sneak in and get anything.

Now there could be a time and a place for this sort of thing. But if I didn't care about publicity I could hire something besides shadowrunners.

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-04-11/1604:41> »
I think you overestimate the power of the chameleon coating on something the size of a car. -4 to perception. The target number to spot something the size of a car is still ridiculously easy

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-04-11/1656:54> »
I think you overestimate the power of the chameleon coating on something the size of a car. -4 to perception. The target number to spot something the size of a car is still ridiculously easy
I don't use chameleon coating in predator cloak mode. I use it to change appearance. That UPS Hermes van can't be found because I changed it to a Two Orks and a Troll Pizza van or a FedEx van or...

It works with the morphing plate and the spoof chip so I can tell the bad guys, "This is not the van you're looking for."

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-04-11/1729:17> »
Disguise yes, help hiding in the dark alleyways sure but not invisibility. I played with some guy who put it on a character's armor without thermal dampening and still thought she could sneak past trolls because it would be invisibility. It seems common that some people think it is like predator effective.

Joush

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-04-11/1821:28> »
Stealth has 2 factors: Avoiding detection and avoiding attention.

The first is nice, but you will generally want to use the second for city driving.

So I'd certainly add spoof chips and Morphing licenses plates. You want to be able to look like a perfectly innocent normal car, then go into ghost mode if required. Your chameleon coating can also be used to change the color, rather then just to hide.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <10-07-11/0437:59> »
I am aware of Chameleon coating cool color and pattern changing abilitys it is one of the major reasons to get it over SunCell.

Signature Masking is good for avoiding detection AND preventing sensor lock on from other vehicle weapons and missiles without jamming.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #7 on: <10-08-11/0556:05> »
Only if they're bored with using the Mk. 1 (or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5) Eyeball.  Remember, these days you can actually get enhanced perception as an option in your cybereyes -- hell, even in your smartglasses.  What corporation wouldn't spring for a couple pair of those to be passed on every shift?

Avoidance, deception, appearing as if you're supposed to be there.  A good shadowrunner should presume the opposition is going to find them, and consider the opposition's reaction when they do -- and strive to give them the wrong impression from the get-go.  Radar signals reaching detection threshhold?  Make sure you look innocent, then let the Masking fade point-by-point over a couple combat turns.  'Why didn't we see that thing??'  'Must've been in a radar blind spot.'  Because of course it makes no sense for the otherwise-utterly-innocent Copy City van to actually have electronic deception gear in it ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <10-08-11/1902:27> »
Yes they can use sight but a sensor lock add net successes to hit you and damage you thus over comeing armor  and dodgeing.
I think i just keep them eyeballing me

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-08-11/2248:53> »
Wait, what?  I'm pretty sure I completely failed to understand this message...
Yes they can use sight but a sensor lock add net successes to hit you and damage you thus over comeing armor  and dodgeing.
I think i just keep them eyeballing me
Pananagutan & End/Line

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <10-08-11/2325:59> »
Look up  sensor targeting SR4 page 171

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #11 on: <10-09-11/0057:21> »
I think he's having difficulty with how you type, not with the rules.

It is a little difficult to understand sometimes. I often have to read what you write a couple of times to get what you're trying to say.

-k

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <10-09-11/0143:59> »
well i have raceing toughts they zip around my head and nailing them down in the right order and way is difficult typeing is slow and ardjuous.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <10-09-11/0336:29> »
Just remember that when you're here, or online anywhere, you become what you present yourself to be.  After you finish your thoughts, go back and make corrections so that you don't come across ... well, the way you do come across.
Pananagutan & End/Line