NEWS

Double-checking legality of a couple things from WAR!

• 2 Replies

Teknodragon

• Omae
« on: <08-15-11/2044:56> »
I think I'm ninja'ing one of the other guys in my usual group here. ;)

Played a mage last night, had bought a couple items for her from the War book since the previous session. The question came up whether the book was legal or not; the two items from the book are:

Slow spell (bought at double cost and availability-- thank Ghost for a high-connection talismonger). That came up in play, allowing much of the group to safely drop out of a 2nd-story window (one at a time please, unless you like the taste of pavement).

Softweave Lined Coat. The increase in cost and availability for the stereotypical 'runner's defensive wear is incredibly marginal, and with a Strength of 3, allowed my spellcaster to wear both full FFBA and a lined coat, hitting exactly her BOD x2 (6) in encumbrance: 3 from the FFBA and (6-3=3) from the Softweave Lined coat. In this character's case, it would bring her armor up to 12/6, and a soak (before modification) of 15/9.

So, again, are these two things legal for Missions play?
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-15-11/2129:08> »
Standing policy is that once a book is in print, or a PDF is on sale, unless it is listed as Optional, or explicitly banned, it's fair game.  While Slow is idiotic, and Softweave is kind of toxic to game balance, there's been no FAQ update since WAR that would forbid them.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <08-15-11/2207:31> »
Technically, 30 days after a PDF-only release.

Slow can be fixed by a competent GM that's aware of the problems. The YNT Softweave is definite power creep, though - expect a lot of Runners to have a few points more armor these days.

-k