NEWS

My So called Life-Imprisonment

• 3 Replies

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« on: <08-12-11/1637:23> »
Has anyone run a Prison Campaign? How are prisons in 2072? I've heard that they are especially tough on Awakened metas. How about those who are heavily cybered? Do they have all thier ware removed? Are there laws protecting a citizens rights to cyberware? Assuming they are legal of course. I was thinking it would be fun to play a Prison Life game. Because as most of us know, Prisons have thier own social and economic structures and hierarchies. (Think: Blood In, Blood Out). It would be interesting to play in that world, and be thankfull to not live in it. Do any of the books have stats for any prisons?

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-12-11/1842:00> »
I am not aware of anything being written up in detail for prisons.  Prison life in general in 2072 SUCKS, however.  If it is a corporate prison you have no legal right of any kind.  You are entirely at the mercy of the corp.  Not good.

A UCAS or CSA prison might be a little better, but not much.  Convicted of a crime you have a criminal SIN, and you are basically sent off to a metahuman warehouse to degenerate into base savagery, tribal alliances, and sodomy festivals.  Abuse, neglect, violence, crime, terror, and brutality would be the order of the day.  Anyone with useful cyberware (anything that makes you in any way better at fighting a guard, planning an escape, contacting the outside world) would be disabled or removed.  Cyberlimbs would be modified to as to give no extra strength, agility, etc.  Cyberweapons would be absolutely ripped out before you hit the general population.  Armor/dermal mods might be removed as well, and headware is likely to be at least inhibited or deactivated even if they don't go in there and dig it out of your nervous system.

Awakened prisoners will likely have it even worse.  Anyone who can summon a fire elemental or control someone's actions is either going to be subjected to extreme anti-magic protocols, if not simply put in hot sleep and kept on a shelf. 

I don't even want to tell you what they do to the technomancers  if they find out you have emerged.  You wouldn't sleep at night.

I am not saying that a prison campaign can't work, but it would take alot of work to pull it off, the players would have to  really be on board.  I would think maybe opening a campaign with a prison break adventure, but spending the whole game in a prison would get nasty and depressing after a while.  I don't think its a game I would want to play in.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #2 on: <08-12-11/1844:14> »
State of the Art: 2064 has the most detailed and up-to-date information on prisons (despite being an edition behind, it's current enough to provide some tips).  For fluffy write-ups of individual prisons, take a scan through Seattle 2072 (which has little Shadowtalk descriptions of the city's major correctional facilities) if you've got it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <08-12-11/1958:10> »
I think Vice had a few things to say.

And there's always Bubba The Love Troll.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11