NEWS

JackPoint

• 112 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« on: <08-11-11/1428:51> »
Is there a "rule" or guideline or well, anything, that decides when a Shadowrunner gets a JackPoint account?
Like, after x amount of karma, or after coming into contact with x number of JackPoint members or after x amount of street cred, reputation, whatever?

The part where Piston comments on Haze's mental stability and says that a psychiatrist she knows said he's got Anti-Social Personality Disorder based on this and that symptom... I've got a character who'd be, well, I'd say "freaked out by that passage", if only she still had that kind of emotion left in her.

So when is a 'runner "in the know"? Any GM's got a system for that?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-11-11/1433:32> »
In my first campaign we gained access after taking down a Megacorp

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <08-11-11/1559:23> »
It's when FastJack (the real one, not me) decides to send you an invite.

For rules, it's all when the GM decides you have something to offer the Jackpointers and it works with the game they are running.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <08-11-11/1910:33> »
Step One:  Impress FastJack.

Good luck.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #4 on: <08-11-11/2003:08> »
Step One:  Impress FastJack.

Good luck.
Also, other board members are rumoured to be able to extend invites. I believe it's an option for someone A to do so in some adventure B

[spoiler]A Frosty, B Dawn of the Artifacts (I think?) [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-11-11/2011:42> by Charybdis »
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #5 on: <08-11-11/2107:33> »
Yup, Jackpoint is Fastjack's personal VPN (Virtual Private Node). 

To get in, you have to either:

A) Be someone who Fastjack thinks will add something to the community, or

B) Have impressed Fastjack enough that he considers you a worthy addition to the board, or

C) Be someone Fastjack likes and wants to hang out with and/or chat with.

Not everyone on Jackpoint is sporting 1000+ Karma.  dev/grrl/, for example, is pretty green.  Shes kind of the board "Newbie", but Fastjack ran into her once, thinks she has potential, and took a shine to her.  Hence, her presence on the board irritating her elders. :)

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <08-11-11/2117:49> »
I was wondering why she was on the 'Point in some ways.

Wonder if Netcat's kid is going to get "Grandfathered" in as a member due to the fact that (s)he's a third-generation shadowrunner by way of the father's side of the family.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« Reply #7 on: <08-12-11/1642:28> »
To quote Towlie: " I have no idea what's goin on..."

raben-aas

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <08-15-11/0603:51> »
Fastjack ran into (dev/grrl/) once, thinks she has potential, and took a shine to her. 

So ... FastJack's totem is pedobear?

-+-+-+-+-
Visit my Deviantart gallery: http://raben-aas.deviantart.com/gallery/
And my German SR website with lots of equipment: http://www.raben-aas.de/

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #9 on: <08-15-11/0949:06> »
1)  I hate the fact I know what you're talking about.

2)  Don;t you owe me some artwork? :)

<grin>

Bull

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #10 on: <08-15-11/0951:35> »
In my own GMing, I've always treated it kind of like the real old school hacker BBS's of the 1980s; basically, to prove your right to legitimately be there, you have to hack your way in. Good luck.

Nepotism from an existing member is also a possibility, but again and even moreso...good luck. : )
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <08-15-11/1130:53> »
Fastjack ran into (dev/grrl/) once, thinks she has potential, and took a shine to her. 
So ... FastJack's totem is pedobear?
No, but one of his online avatars might be when he needs to scare the kids on the JackPoint into behaving.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-18-11/1823:44> »
Anyone want to field the question of a newbie on what exactly Jackpoint is for?

I get that it's a forum for shadowrunners but what would they obtain by being linked into it?

(i doubt my players will ever think about trying to get attached to it, especially since they probably don't know what it is like me! xD)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #13 on: <08-18-11/1830:52> »

I get that it's a forum for shadowrunners but what would they obtain by being linked into it?

(i doubt my players will ever think about trying to get attached to it, especially since they probably don't know what it is like me! xD)
I dunno, what do users here "get" by being attached to these forums?  Knowledgeable people to ask questions of, access to information from material they don't have, contacts, etc?

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-18-11/1833:35> »

I dunno, what do users here "get" by being attached to these forums?  Knowledgeable people to ask questions of, access to information from material they don't have, contacts, etc?

heh, well I can tell you. I sure as hell didn't hack my way onto this forum. (I suspect however there may be a few hackers around this board however... >.> <.<' )
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man