NEWS

Obsidimen in SR

• 37 Replies

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #15 on: <08-08-11/1320:31> »
Heh.  No, Simon just LOOKS a little like one.  He's still a changeling.  Changelings are, mostly in my unofficial opinion, the result of random bits of incomplete magical DNA that activated due to the unusual mana spike that happened during Year of the Comet.  In Simons case...  maybe it's coincidence. Maybe he had some T'Skrang DNA.  In either case, there's a reason he's both working for and under the watchful eye of Lofwyr. 

But I will reiterate...  Simon is a fun Easter Egg, but at the end of the day, he is a full-on SURGE Changeling. 

there is a term for anything born "early" compared the necessary mana level, a "spike baby" (SR1, Paranormal Animals of North America)
it fits for any metacritter, including the first newborn elves and dwarves. so it also fits for the first of anyrace brought back by a spike in the mana levels, be it the ghost dance or the comet.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Ancient History

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <08-08-11/1520:25> »
Here I swore I wouldn't do this...couple years ago, back when I was writing SR, for Hallowe'en I posted my answer to the obsidimen question in SR, a short story entitled The Last Liferock. Not canon, but what is these days?

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #17 on: <08-08-11/1527:34> »
Here I swore I wouldn't do this...couple years ago, back when I was writing SR, for Hallowe'en I posted my answer to the obsidimen question in SR, a short story entitled The Last Liferock. Not canon, but what is these days?
your stuff more than some of the "official" things in my eyes . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

grimjaws

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <08-08-11/1640:27> »
A great story filled with loss, it lends a bit more pathos to the SR setting.
SR1+ SR2 SR3 SR4++ SR5+++ h b++ B-- UB- IE- RN--- !W sa++ ma++ sh+++ ad+++ m+++ e- o++ t++ gm+ M- P-

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <08-08-11/1833:54> »
Ah Obsidimen.  Always could find work grinding flour by using their butt cheeks if no adventuring work was to be had.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-09-11/0756:36> »
Not canon, but what is these days?
Was this necessary?
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #21 on: <08-29-11/1042:45> »
I've often speculated that there might be Obsidimen at Uluru - big rock, long revered as being a sacred place, in the middle of a place where there are frequent mana storms, and high levels of magic...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <08-29-11/1203:14> »
Was this necessary?
Considering AH's history...  Probably felt so.  :(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #23 on: <09-01-11/0805:30> »
I've often speculated that there might be Obsidimen at Uluru - big rock, long revered as being a sacred place, in the middle of a place where there are frequent mana storms, and high levels of magic...
Oh dear.

OZ Obsidimen? That will require one HELL of a beer!
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <09-01-11/1008:55> »
Then there's The Sleeping Giant just outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <09-02-11/0215:45> »
Oh dear.

OZ Obsidimen? That will require one HELL of a beer!

Being an Obsidiman in the desert is thirsty work...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <09-02-11/0217:31> »
Being anybody in the desert is thirsty work.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Earthshaker

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <09-02-11/0406:08> »

So what would you stat Obsidimen like?

Bod 6 or 7
Str 4 or 5
Armour 2 or 3
No Reach

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-02-11/0437:26> »
Agility -2
Reaction -1
Strength +6
Body +6
Intuition -1
Logic -1
Willpower +0
Charisma -3

Movement Rate 8/20

Natural Armor +3

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #29 on: <09-22-11/1646:33> »
Was this necessary?
\
Was this necessary?