NEWS

Heh heh, new FLGS in my exurban town

• 6 Replies

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« on: <07-30-11/2020:11> »
Going in there tomorrow to talk to the management about running Missions (with nojosecool) and D&D Encounters there.

Wish us luck.  We know how awesome Shadowrun is, time for me to pitch it playing in their store as a positive advertisement (and hopefully get the same "event day" discount as I got with the MKED&D meetup group).
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #1 on: <08-01-11/1535:51> »
Lucky slot, the closest thing to a FLGS in my town is Barnes and Nobles and a Borde-GOD DAMMIT!
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <08-01-11/1727:08> »
My FLGS has Army Surplus and Kukris from Nepal.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #3 on: <08-02-11/0000:42> »
CanRay please stop making me jealous by pointing out that you not only have an awesome FLGS, but that it also is a mecca of surplus mil-tech. My screen turns green every time I read that.

Wait a minute .....that's just the default theme color scheme......

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-03-11/2309:10> »
FLGS update.  Location is terrible but the space is awesome and the staff is extra friendly.

They've only been open for a month and change, but they're willing to open up extra rooms for gaming events, be open early and late to accommodate, AND they're going to start stocking Shadowrun products to support my game.

So outside of SR4A, Arsenal, Unwired, Augmentation, Street Magic, and Runner's Companion.  Is there anything I should be advising them to keep 1 or 2 of in stock?  I dunno what kids buy anymore these days.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #5 on: <08-03-11/2312:08> »
FLGS update.  Location is terrible but the space is awesome and the staff is extra friendly.

They've only been open for a month and change, but they're willing to open up extra rooms for gaming events, be open early and late to accommodate, AND they're going to start stocking Shadowrun products to support my game.

So outside of SR4A, Arsenal, Unwired, Augmentation, Street Magic, and Runner's Companion.  Is there anything I should be advising them to keep 1 or 2 of in stock?  I dunno what kids buy anymore these days.
Miniatures? Novels?

Edit: Oh, and congratz! Sounds like the meeting went well :D
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-03-11/2325:07> »
Oooh, minis for sure.  They have one of their showrooms packed pretty full on minis, right up their alley.

Still have to meet with the store's owner (met with his partners today).  Another sign of a good FLGS, the owner seriously considered closing up shop and settled on short hours with his partners so he could take the week off and head in to GenCon.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"