NEWS

Urban Brawl

• 25 Replies

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« on: <07-28-11/0707:45> »
I don't suppose there is a book that details Urban Brawl and Combat Biking a wee bit better than Attitude, is there? I mean, an explanation of the positions like Outrider, though that's kinda obvious. Or maybe tactics? Some description of how it's played? I mean, we all know how Auto Racing a Soccer works, but the sports that DON'T, and that we can wyrm our players into, would be awesome to see detailed somewhere. By someone with more imagination than me... All I came up with on Urban Brawl was "Know what you do for a 'run? Do that, but TRY hard not to leave bodies."
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #1 on: <07-28-11/0746:00> »
There is one for Urban Brawl.
It's in german only though. . .
Otherwise, i think in the old Shadowbeat.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <07-28-11/0944:52> »
I also did everything I could to sneak a full update of Urban Brawl into Super Brawl Sunday, a CMP adventure.  Bull's the man with the plan when it comes to when/if that will be available for general download or something, though. 

It's got an updated North American Urban Brawl League team list (and their rankings as of the 2072-2073 season), a breakdown on every position, some NPCs, and some abstraction-rules for running an actual Urban Brawl game (which would otherwise be a 2400 round combat) with player characters.

Aside from that, yes, Shadowbeat is the place to go.  A quick google search also turned up this: http://www.intercom.net/user/logan1/ubl.htm  Which has a pretty good rundown.

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #4 on: <07-28-11/2317:44> »
Shadowbeat! Crap.... Forgot about that one. *Goes digging through the old book boxes*
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #5 on: <07-29-11/1837:29> »
For even more info on Combat Biker, by the way, see if you can get ahold of the old novel Dead Air.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #6 on: <07-29-11/1929:13> »
For even more info on Combat Biker, by the way, see if you can get ahold of the old novel Dead Air.
Yeah, but that was a Simsense Movie.  How close to reality do you think it had?  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #7 on: <07-29-11/1939:21> »
Certain parts of it (primarily the beginning and end) focus pretty clearly on the various positions and roles in a Combat Biker game. 

Lagernoggin

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <07-29-11/1950:36> »
A Killing Glare (SR #7314) has Urban Brawl rules on p. 55-61; positions, time, officials, penalties, equipment, field etc.
« Last Edit: <07-29-11/1953:13> by Lagernoggin »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <07-29-11/2102:06> »
Yeah, but Shadowbeat has both of 'em.   ;D  So if he's got access to that one, he should be all set.

BSOD

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <07-30-11/1252:29> »
pl.shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/URBAN_BRAWL

gives a pretty good rundown of the game and how you might run it in 4th ed.

Ranger

• Newb
  • HA friggin HA
« Reply #11 on: <08-21-11/2121:40> »
If you wanted to play out a game though it would be rather time consuming though.  Might be fun to try maybe a short game of it though. 

Best rule was the part about the ball carrier or what ever is left of him crossing the goal line still counts as a goal.  Thats something how it goes to lazy to look for the exact qoute right now  :P
Are you -sure- that's what happened?

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #12 on: <08-22-11/1201:40> »
Quote from: BSOD
pl.shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/URBAN_BRAWL

gives a pretty good rundown of the game and how you might run it in 4th ed.

+1 for that link, it's really good.

Want to point to a Urban Brawl short story posted by Critias in Fan Fiction:
http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=92.msg608#msg608

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #13 on: <08-22-11/1529:48> »
Thanks for the good press, Xzylvador.  Urban Brawl's always been one of my favorite corners of the Shadowrun universe (which is how Bull talked me into Super Brawl Sunday, in fact!), and Outrider's a character I never really got to fiddle with aside from his short fiction.  A Sammie/Wheelman, and damned good at both jobs, all while being haughtily NatAm and racist about it.  Good times, good times.   ;D

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #14 on: <08-22-11/1834:55> »
hey, in 2070s rules of Urban Brawl, does Battle rifles count as assualt rifles or as heavy weapons in class of light machine guns?

playing around with a concept of an urban brawler troll, and not sure what I want him to be armed with battle rifle or LMG?

I have Shadowbeat, which was created before battle rifles were added to the list.

any help from Super Brawl maybe?