NEWS

A Game for those that work at their computer

• 8 Replies

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <07-23-11/2310:03> »
Hi guys. I'm contemplating the idea of starting a group to play a campaign for those of us that work at their computer. The reason for this is I would like to see fairly active posting to move the campaign along at an enjoyable pace. Nothing too crazy, anywhere from 2-10+ posts on most days but  with no hard requirements. It would be fairly casual about posting frequency as long as it is something I could enjoy most days. I would need a skilled and experienced gm as I am just starting 4th edition after a long absence and having to re-learn the rules. My Brother might also be interested and we are both very experienced rpers. This game would be pbp of course and I would like players that are serious about the game and with good rp ability and attitudes etc. I'm not in a rush to get this started so if you are a gm and you think you can make a fun campaign, feel free to let me know! I'm thinking a smaller number of players would be best so we could keep the game moving at a good pace, maybe 3-4 players. For anyone interested, feel free to post and we can discuss it :)
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #1 on: <07-23-11/2349:00> »
I'd play. I spend an unhealthy amount of time at my computer, usually trolling this site.  2-10 posts a day wouod be easy most days, next week woiuld be something of a bother, but things like that will come up from time to time.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-24-11/0258:43> »
Alright, my Brother said he'll play. We both work at our computers side by side at home so you can expect us to be quite active. I guess we need 1 more player who can keep up with the 3 of us  and an experienced gm(preferably someone who is familiar with all the core books). I am currently waiting for a friend to get me a deal on the hard copies of the core books so I won't have them for about 2-3 weeks. I have the pdfs but some of them are a bit too slow for me to bother with.

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-24-11/1018:32> »
I'm interested, its getting time on the computer. I have considered running a game for little while now.
I have also found another site where the dice rolls can be seen

yes, I can be on the computer quite abit in the evenings, when I don't have to share with the rest of the family

just count me on the fence at the moment. this week I will be away from the computer until late friday.

here are some thoughts:
will play consist of home game, SR missions, or mix?
type of game?
characters want to play vs what may be needed?

Teabeeyea

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <07-24-11/1118:34> »
I am interested in learning more.  I have a pretty open schedule during the day right now.  But my evenings are taken up with my daughter.

TaintedAproximation

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-24-11/1345:16> »
I'm currently looking to play in a game if there is still room.  ATM I'm basically attached to my computer via a usb port that seems to have sprouted out of my forehead so I'd be good to post a lot (I tend to be a little overzealous with keeping up with my posts).  If there is still room left I'd be thrilled if someone could give me a shout.
No Mistress more beautiful nor deadly as Chance

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-24-11/1752:12> »
The ideal game would not be missions. I want to play a "normal" campaign which would last for a good deal of time so we could  all have powerful characters, a good story and character development. I would prefer to play with the people that can post the most often. As I said, it would be fairly casual regarding post requirements but everyone involved would need to be fairly active at their computer throughout the day *on average*. Personally, I have an unusual profession and I maintain no sleeping schedule so  I would be posting at different hours all the time but still  very consistantly. I would also like to have a fairly balanced group aka not 3 street samurai :P At the moment I haven't thought about what sort of character I want to play.

I would definitely be interested in playing with Onion Man as he has been quite helpful to me. TaintedAproximation would be an ideal choice as well given his posting habits. Along with my Brother, that would give us 4 players who can post consistantly for a very active campaign. Now all we neeed is a gm who can keep up with us :) I have considered the others that posted but based on the information given I think it may not be practical.

At the moment we are still looking for an active and experienced gm, the more you can post the better.

TaintedAproximation

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <07-26-11/1910:22> »
That's really the hardest part now isn't it? lolll.
No Mistress more beautiful nor deadly as Chance

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-27-11/2028:26> »
Haha yeah I figured that would be the case :P