NEWS

Plan 9?

• 30 Replies

SirDelta

• Newb
« on: <07-05-11/2222:29> »
So, I want to throw Plan 9 into one of my games.  The problem is, I don't really have any information about him other than that he is the Conspiracy Theory Nut on Jackpoint.  Is there any other information about him?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-06-11/0012:43> »
He's also a transhumanist who has been described as having implanted pretty much every cyberware item and augmentation that exists over his lifetime.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <07-06-11/0014:21> »
And has been a woman at least once.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-06-11/0039:40> »
Indeed.

Heh. JackPoint sure is quite a collection of individuals.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <07-06-11/0042:42> »
Certainly an interesting group of people, that's for sure.  Especially with the backgrounds of some stretching back to ShadowLand.

I have one book that has Kane spouting off on a spiel about why he does things like write his name in a wall with a belt-fed weapon.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-06-11/0118:16> »
Shadowrun Companion (Original, SR Second Edition) Introduction. Kane's first appearance.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <07-06-11/0120:01> »
Shadowrun Companion (Original, SR Second Edition) Introduction. Kane's first appearance.
That's the one.  Glad to see he got Kat out at last too (Mentioned in Vice, many years later.).

But, back to Plan 9, yeah, he's a twisted little mind in a lot of ways, and certainly gives a bit of a different view to the 'Point than the rest of the folks on it.  Similar stuff has been seen on ShadowLand, but that's the old days, eh?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-06-11/0423:13> »
Plan 9 and Snopes . . . successors/heirs of the Lone Gunman?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-06-11/0442:39> »
Snopes is the anti-TLG. His entire deal is the same as the website (Goddamn it. How hacky.) to dispel this nonsense.

I have never thought of it before, but I think Plan 9 is kind of like me: Full of grand ideas and just thinking of so many plots and machinations that even reality starts to sound batshit after a while when put in a different context.

Julius Q Enderby

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-23-11/0140:44> »
Plan 9 posted the Evo chapter in Corporate Guide.

I don't know if this is accurate but he comes across as young and impressionable. It is clear that he's received so much Evo (and Yamatetsu previously?) implants and is such a fan of their work that the company philosophy has completely won him over. It makes sense; he has clearly entrusted his body to them time and again. Other Jackpointers (well, Snopes) are quick to point out his lack of impartiality and FastJack threatens to ban him from further main contributions if continued to weave pro-Evo spin in his article.

In the Mitsuhama chapter, he fails to grasp the sarcasm in the expression, "...the corp we all know and love." and comments on it right away, which adds to my impression of youthfulness/naivete.

(I'm still chewing my way through Corporate Guide so there may be more telling Plan 9 comments in there that I haven't come across yet.)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <08-23-11/0740:26> »
He (She?) is relatively new to Shadows, at least from a commentator perspective. However, I don't know if I'd attach youth nor naivete to him/her, since with the amount of transhumanism (s)he believes in and all the operations (s)he's gone under, I wouldn't rule out that Plan 9 may be a different name than what (s)he might have used in the past.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <08-23-11/0836:13> »
Still, let's not forget the Ed Wood influence/reference . . . i shudder to think what he might have made of Shadowrun . . .

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <08-23-11/1023:57> »
That's it, I want Ray Harryhausen to work on my Icons.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Julius Q Enderby

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-23-11/2010:34> »
He (She?) is relatively new to Shadows, at least from a commentator perspective. However, I don't know if I'd attach youth nor naivete to him/her, since with the amount of transhumanism (s)he believes in and all the operations (s)he's gone under, I wouldn't rule out that Plan 9 may be a different name than what (s)he might have used in the past.

Good points about the number of operations and the gender neutrality. S/he ("he" for simplicity and years of ingrained grammatical chauvinism  :P ) has changed gender a few times but does not indicate how he started or ended up, I think. Anyone follow Order of the Stick? Varsuvius anyone ? (http://www.giantitp.com/Comics.html  :P ) He does give the impression that he's been routinely modified for years and years. The transhumanism issue does not detract from my impression of youthful naivete/innocent optomism. The little I've read about transhumanism is infused with idealism. It's not a bad thing, it's just how s/he comes across to me.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #14 on: <09-22-11/1650:52> »
I wish there was a book that compiles all the info about various recurring Jackpointers/Shadowlanders. We are getting some with Street Legends and 10 Jackpointers, but I want to know more! esp. with people from the older editions who i know little about, like Hatchetman.