NEWS

Fallout Tactics 2.99 on GoG.com

• 10 Replies

bigity

• Omae
« on: <06-21-11/2136:45> »
In case anyone cares, for 3 bucks right now you can download Fallout: Tactics from Good Old Games.  It's patched and updated to run on Vista/7 as well as still working on XP.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-22-11/0923:34> »
In case anyone cares, for 3 bucks right now you can download Fallout: Tactics from Good Old Games.  It's patched and updated to run on Vista/7 as well as still working on XP.

I believe Fallout and Fallout 2 are also at that price.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #2 on: <06-22-11/1519:14> »
Fallout Tactics was the worst of the early fallout games, but in a pinch, it will still do . .
If you don't have it, get it just for completeness reasons . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <06-22-11/1522:23> »
Fallout Tactics was the worst of the early fallout games, but in a pinch, it will still do . .
Fallout:  Brotherhood of Steel was the worst.  Oh dear $Deity was it bad!

Fallout 1 and 2 are masterpieces, however.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #4 on: <06-22-11/1526:28> »
Lot of good games on that site. I've already gotten all three Fallout games, plus a few others such as Freespace and UFO: Aftershock (which I refused to play originally because they used the StarForge DRM). Good prices, DRM free, and so many games I've had to shelve because they wouldn't run on a modern OS.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-22-11/1718:12> »

It's a good squad turn-based shooter set in a nice setting (fallout).  It's not really a fallout game, just like the new stuff.

I mean, Silent Storm is way better but for 3 bucks it's a good buy :)

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #6 on: <06-22-11/1858:28> »
Fallout:  Brotherhood of Steel was the worst.  Oh dear $Deity was it bad!

Fallout 1 and 2 are masterpieces, however.
FBOS was console, that DOES NOT COUNT!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <06-22-11/1900:07> »
FBOS was console, that DOES NOT COUNT!
Counts or not, it still exists.  And thus it's the worst.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Valashar

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <06-23-11/0557:54> »
I mean, Silent Storm is way better but for 3 bucks it's a good buy :)

Now there's a game that didn't get enough movement. Only three games made with it to my knowledge (Silent Storm, its sequel, and Night Watch). Amazing physical interaction engine that was really brought home to me when I had my Allies team in the attic of a house firing down the hatch at the Axis soldiers coming up the stairs. One of the Axis soldiers tried to lob up a high explosive grenade at us but missed and it dropped /down/ the stairs, detonated next to the house's central load bearing wall and turned it into so much rubble... collapsing the stairs and surrounding walls which crushed the Axis soldiers... thus causing the attic floor to give way so the Allies team could have plenty of room to fall to their deaths.  ::)

I'd love to see that core engine be used to do a new game. Maybe something with big guns, drones, spirits, trolls, dragons...  ::)

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <06-23-11/0917:06> »
Actually Day Watching/Night Watch are games based on the Russian stories/movies, and just happen to use the Silent Storm engine.  Silent Storm Sentinels was the sequel/expansion pack and I think there was another game called something like Hammer and Sickle but I haven't played that one.

Yea the destructible environment was great.  I used to sneak up to guard towers, plant explosives and blow them up, bringing the tower down and killing all within :)

Valashar

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <06-23-11/1516:06> »
I knew about Night Watch (have watched what films there are, haven't found the books to read). I meant that it was just those three games that were made with the Silent Storm engine.  :)