NEWS

Why are their no dragons in Egypt?

• 131 Replies

StarManta

• Omae
« Reply #75 on: <07-11-11/0623:06> »
It's Snakes in Ireland, not Wyrms.  And, due to Tir na NoG being created, it's more likely the Immortal Elves (Who were awake) making sure that the Dragons of Ireland never woke up again.

Or never bedded down there to begin with.  Wales is so much nicer a place anyhow.  :P
I like Wales.... but they need a little common sense injection...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6159630.stm

They sell DRAGON SAUSAGE? Where can I get so-
*vanishes, never to be seen again*

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <09-03-11/1928:34> »
Wasn't there mention of the Heka (Old School Egyptian Preists) kinda making a comeback in Egypt as they help fight against Scarab Spirits?
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #77 on: <09-04-11/1532:12> »
I know in the 6th World Almanac they made mention in the article on Egypt that there is some major behind the scenes action going on between the Muslim government and the followers of the old Egyptian religion.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #78 on: <09-04-11/1626:43> »
Ah yes, nothing like that old time religion to get things going!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #79 on: <09-05-11/0924:38> »
I know in the 6th World Almanac they made mention in the article on Egypt that there is some major behind the scenes action going on between the Muslim government and the followers of the old Egyptian religion.

a Six of Boc and some Pizza's for front seats on that.
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #80 on: <09-08-11/1234:19> »
It would be pretty interesting to see if the followers of the old religion could deep six or derail the 6th world Islamic government.  They seem to be taking the long approach slowly infiltrating the government.  I wonder if they are also doing Psyops and even some covert action to position themselves for a coup.   

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <09-08-11/1324:40> »
I did wonder about the NIJ presence & actions in Egypt with regard to the resurgence of the old Egyptian cults.  However, given the apparent shedim control of the NIJ, it seems that it was less about continued Islamic dominance, and Ibn Eisa-faux was more focussed on Saudi and Israel.

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #82 on: <09-11-11/1613:00> »
I did wonder about the NIJ presence & actions in Egypt with regard to the resurgence of the old Egyptian cults.  However, given the apparent shedim control of the NIJ, it seems that it was less about continued Islamic dominance, and Ibn Eisa-faux was more focussed on Saudi and Israel.

If I was the NIJ I would be watching Egypt very carefully as historically the country of the Nile has been very hard to control.  I am mainly talking about the Ottoman Empire.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #83 on: <09-12-11/0618:27> »
Nah, the NIJ, after 2064-5, was probably scrabbling for survival.  It's likely to go the same way as Hamas and Hezbollah.

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #84 on: <09-14-11/1731:41> »
Can anyone quickly quickly quickly give me a page reference on where exactly it says dragons can't enter egypt? My copy of Dragons of the Sixth World, which I suspect it's in, is sadly not a searchable PDF but an actual dead tree copy.

I'd really appreciate a page reference, but it's gotta be fast.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <09-14-11/1830:24> »
Dragons of the Sixth World, page 131
The New Library of Alexandria
Egypt lies outside Masaru's usual realm, but he visits now and again, particularly to look in on the progress of the new Alexandrian Library. His visit are brief, sporadic and in heavy disguise to avoid arousing anti-dragon sentiments (Masaru keeps an acceptable representative in the country to keep abreast of development). Like others participating in and funding the library project, Masaru wants to see this once-legendary institution reborn in the modern world. [...]

> [...] Lofwyr and Saeder-Krupp are supposedly also funneling money into the Library, but if so, the big wyrm has been very quiet about it.
> Black Knight

> "Quiet" meaning "not happening." Or were you not paying attention when the muftis said no dragons? On the other hand, Masaru's ability to visit now and then, even in disguise, speaks of inside help. The going theory says Aden is involved.
> Kephalos
Sixth World Almanac, page 107
> What about the rumor that dragons can’t—or won’t—travel to Egypt? True, False, or Urban Legend?
> Snopes

> Urban legend. Masaru has his Great Library project in Alexandria, after all.
> Winterhawk

> Note that it’s offshore, though, on a “reconstructed” island connected to the mainland by a bridge. Technically speaking, Masaru hasn’t stepped foot (claw) onto Egypt itself...
> Frosty

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #86 on: <09-15-11/1142:17> »
Thanks, chummer.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #87 on: <10-20-11/0359:10> »
Come to that, is Howling Coyote confirmed as deceased?  And what's happened with the search for the site of the Great Ghost Dance, that some very powerful people didn't want to succeed? 

I'm going to take these in reverse order.

First, the actual physical site of the Great Ghost Dance is, I suspect, immaterial to the magic; the particular valley may help, but it's probably not necessary, nor is it technically 'unfound'; see response to second question.  However, politically, finding it would no doubt be a boon; James can lecture on that one.

Howling Coyote bit the big one in a self-sacrifice during the third book of the Secrets of Power -- foolishly, IMO, but there you go.  Remember, if you die in astral combat, you die in the Real; your mind makes it so ... ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #88 on: <10-20-11/0425:51> »
Come to that, is Howling Coyote confirmed as deceased?  And what's happened with the search for the site of the Great Ghost Dance, that some very powerful people didn't want to succeed? 

I'm going to take these in reverse order.

First, the actual physical site of the Great Ghost Dance is, I suspect, immaterial to the magic; the particular valley may help, but it's probably not necessary, nor is it technically 'unfound'; see response to second question.  However, politically, finding it would no doubt be a boon; James can lecture on that one.

Howling Coyote bit the big one in a self-sacrifice during the third book of the Secrets of Power -- foolishly, IMO, but there you go.  Remember, if you die in astral combat, you die in the Real; your mind makes it so ... ;)

Self-sacrifice to what intended end? And what actual end?
By implication, most GDs, IEs and great spirits do not want the GGD site found - I don't know who else.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #89 on: <10-20-11/1227:41> »
He died during a second ghost dance to remove the 'curse' of being a wendigo from Sam Warner (Twist)'s sister.  Another example of taking novels as canon being a nebulous idea at best.  Granted they were written before some rules existed, but there you go.