NEWS

Why are their no dragons in Egypt?

• 131 Replies

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #60 on: <06-22-11/1626:17> »
Bah, kids today, have to have everything handed to them, can't do any problem solving or puzzling out of their own.  Can't have any mysteries or anything.  Everything has to be predigested pap.

You'd think with Shadowrun it'd be different, considering the source material and where it comes from.

*Continues to rant while waving a cane*

Hey, you dang kids get off my conspiracy:-p

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #61 on: <06-22-11/1646:27> »
It kinda makes sense if the passions are related or are the Egyptian gods of old and considering what Set (god in the form of a snake or you could also say a Worm(dragon)) did to his brother it is not that surprising that dragons stay the heck away.  Hey does anyone know if there are any Dragons in Ireland?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #62 on: <06-22-11/1706:02> »
It kinda makes sense if the passions are related or are the Egyptian gods of old and considering what Set (god in the form of a snake or you could also say a Worm(dragon)) did to his brother it is not that surprising that dragons stay the heck away.  Hey does anyone know if there are any Dragons in Ireland?
If there are, my "Irish Republican Army in Exile" (IRAiE) just got a whole lot scarier!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <06-22-11/1829:29> »
Yes, we know.

No, there are not.

Bah, kids today, have to have everything handed to them, can't do any problem solving or puzzling out of their own.  Can't have any mysteries or anything.  Everything has to be predigested pap.

You'd think with Shadowrun it'd be different, considering the source material and where it comes from.

Yeah ... Kind of.
« Last Edit: <06-22-11/1831:12> by Crimsondude »

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #64 on: <06-23-11/0838:53> »
Yes, we know.

No, there are not.

Yeah ... Kind of.

Hmmm?  I wonder if the lack of Worms in Ireland are do to St. Patrick or some Celtic passions?  Speaking of passions I wonder if those in Egypt are going to get more involved considering that the worship of the old gods is becoming more prevalent in the land of the Pharaohs? 

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #65 on: <06-23-11/1351:57> »
It's Snakes in Ireland, not Wyrms.  And, due to Tir na NoG being created, it's more likely the Immortal Elves (Who were awake) making sure that the Dragons of Ireland never woke up again.

Or never bedded down there to begin with.  Wales is so much nicer a place anyhow.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #66 on: <06-23-11/2009:58> »
It's Snakes in Ireland, not Wyrms.  And, due to Tir na NoG being created, it's more likely the Immortal Elves (Who were awake) making sure that the Dragons of Ireland never woke up again.

Or never bedded down there to begin with.  Wales is so much nicer a place anyhow.  :P
I like Wales.... but they need a little common sense injection...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6159630.stm
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #67 on: <06-23-11/2019:39> »

I like Wales.... but they need a little common sense injection...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6159630.stm
Maybe they know something we don't, and hope to protect the company when the dragons wake up?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <06-23-11/2031:38> »
It's Snakes in Ireland, not Wyrms.

Serpents, actually.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <06-23-11/2235:42> »

Serpents, actually.
Which in medieval times covered a lot of ground.

Technically, the Lampdon (sp?) Worm was a serpent, but is treated as a dragon in folklore....

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <06-23-11/2302:20> »

Serpents, actually.
That is what I was getting at.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <06-23-11/2312:29> »
That is what I was getting at.

Well :P

Phreak Commandment V:

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #72 on: <06-24-11/1345:43> »
I was using a little bit of literary license.  This is all fiction anyway.  Chill out and have some fun with it.   

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <07-03-11/2202:36> »
Just reading through Dragons of the Sixth World and it says that Masaru has visited Egypt a few times, though in disguise due to the anti-dragon sentiment of the region.

So the curse at least doesn't strike them dead (though this could be quite out of date).

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #74 on: <07-05-11/1417:39> »
Just reading through Dragons of the Sixth World and it says that Masaru has visited Egypt a few times, though in disguise due to the anti-dragon sentiment of the region.

So the curse at least doesn't strike them dead (though this could be quite out of date).

Either that or the passions did not have enough power at that time to detect him or do anything about him running around Egypt.