NEWS

Looking for game in DFW area

• 14 Replies

Liz

• Newb
« on: <06-04-11/2302:26> »
I really want to play Shadowrun, but no one I know has been interested in running it for years. Anyone out there looking for another player?

Broken Saint

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <06-14-11/0058:37> »
i know a few people that would run a game if I told them to

Digit

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-18-11/2323:19> »
I tried to get a game going at the Metroplex Roleplaying Group meetup, but there were no takers. I'm up in Plano and am thinking of trying again, but playing at Madness Comics up at Custer and Parker. They've added a ton of open play area.

The challenge seems to be that the handful of interested people are scattered all over DFW.

-Tim

zenile

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-08-11/2117:18> »
I'm in the Arlington, TX area and would love to get some people together to play Shadowrun.  I haven't run 4E yet, but I do have 2 other players that would like to play as well if that area works for you.

Andrew

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <07-09-11/0435:56> »
Im in Richardson and I have been wanting to play SR4 for a while now.  I've got a good deal of the books so that should help out.  I can easily make it to Madness and I am also willing to travel a fair distance to play wherever else.  I would prefer not to gm the first go through but I can if I have to.  I guess email me at funkmaster_rag@hotmail.com

Digit

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-10-11/0843:46> »
We need 3-4 reliable players and we can make it work.  We could look at starting something up in August. I'll be at GenCon the first weekend and will bring back lots of good ideas :-)

Zenile, is Madness too far? Do you know someplace good in Arlington to play?

-Tim

zenile

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <07-10-11/2101:02> »
My issue is that I have 2 little squids, so its tough for me to make it out to north Dallas.  My house is open for gaming though assuming you guys would be up for driving to Arlington.  My regular gaming group plays at my house on Sunday afternoons, and the kids aren't an issue, but if you're not into kids I'd understand.

I also already have one other person definitely interested as well.  I'd be open to running a campaign, assuming everyone is cool with a new 4E GM.  I'd probably run something based on the convergence campaign.

Digit

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <07-10-11/2232:33> »
I'm game for your place. I've got a 4-yr old of my own, so I don't fall into the anti-kid clique. PM me the address so I can map it on Google Maps to get an idea of the drive.

I'd be a new 4E GM. I ran 1st and 2nd Edition when they first came out though, so I'm very familiar with the lore and setting. I played some 4E at GenCon two years ago; the GMing was weak but I had fun anyway. I'd like to run 4E and just need the players.

-Tim

saytr

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <08-02-11/0702:13> »
hey all i am new to tx but have been playing SR for a long time used to play in MO five years ago and moved on to doing the online thing but would really like to get back into getting with a group again and running some campaigns i live in keller, tx and am willing to travel, hit me up on my email or message me here for any participants.

Aizkora

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-04-11/1453:12> »
Just to offer another possible place to play, there is a small game store kinda buried in a business park of of 635 and Jupiter called Gunslinger games that has very late hours. They are 6pm - Midnight Wednesday - Friday and noon to midnight on Saturdays, 3pm - 9 pm on Sundays. They normally stay there much later then that even , I think a group of friends and myself were there playing Arkham Horror last night until 5 am.

Gunslinger Games
11110 Petal Street
Dallas Texas, 75238

caproberts

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <08-14-11/0831:41> »
 I am in Terrell, TX and I travel to alot of places to run Shadowrun 4E. I am willing to to travel to just about any location in DFW area, not past Arlington, to run or play Shadowrun. I have just about every book for the game. Please contact me if anyone in the DFW area is interested in getting together a group.

Chase.DFW

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <09-03-11/0016:58> »
Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that I'm looking to join a game in the DFW area. I live in Fort Worth but I'm willing to drive.
I can play or GM. I enjoy both.

Hit me up!
Thanks

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <09-12-11/1325:22> »
Games in Fort Worth: Did anyone find any games in SW Fort Worth? Is there any interest out there? I'd like to get a blended group of women and men to ease down the geek factor. I use to GM but haven't in a while.
"Can't stop here it's bat country"

zenile

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <09-24-11/1746:23> »
I'm looking at starting a game in the Arlington/Grand Prairie area at my house.  I've  got one player here confirmed and a couple other maybes.  If anyone else is interested send me an email at zenile@yahoo.com

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <10-05-11/1743:49> »
My dance card's pretty full, I'm way down in Cleburne, and I just plain don't have more time to spend on the road (already commuting more than I'd like to and from work, 60+ miles each way)...but just for the record, I heartily endorse DFW Shadowrunning, and I look forward to maybe getting to run into some of y'all at local cons or something, if nothing else.  I wish everyone the best at getting a regular group together and bein' able to sling dice and have fun.   8)