NEWS

San Francisco

• 4 Replies

Cheaterbane

• Newb
« on: <05-31-11/1537:11> »
Ok I know the Japanese took it over in 2037, but I thought I read somewhere that they got kicked out or that one of the corps hit a major snafu and their power was diminished.

So my question is, who runs this city/free state?

And were the Japenese actually kicked out (the government parts not the corp parts)

Thanks!!

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-31-11/1547:02> »
I'm not sure where the current write up is to be honest.

SanFran was basically taken over by a rogue Japanese general who did not return home after the Japanese Empire took a beating (can't recall what from, I think earthquakes, etc).

General Saito.  He was basically in charge for awhile, but a bunch of corps finally got rid of him, but again I don't recall the specifics.  Probably in one of the 3rd edition SOTA books or Shadows or North America.

Cheaterbane

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-31-11/1641:51> »
Sweet I'll look into that, thanks.

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-31-11/1719:57> »
We left Saito firmly in control of San Francisco and Sacramento at the end of the Third Edition, in 2064. Next thing we know,  Shadowrun 4th Edition corebook told us Saito fell at some point before 2069. Nothing else is known, except that Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, who supported Saito, still enjoys a leading position in San Francisco.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-31-11/2223:03> »
Actually, it said Saito was toppled by Ares and Mothers of Metahumans. There was a shadowtalk comment in 6WA about it where the tipping point was when Ares took charge, consolidated the opposition, and kicked his ass.
Quote from: Sixth World Almanac, 177
> Remarkably enough, after “liberating” the city, there was very little retaliation against the predominantly Japanese humans who’d gone along with (or even encouraged) Saito’s power trip. MOM made sure the transition was mostly peaceful. MCT rolled into the power vacuum, and they’ve bent over backwards to make their policies metahuman friendly.
> Lyran

SG refers to Colonel Lloyd Ritter (He got a promotion) as the "spymaster (hero) of Silicon Valley." The backstory as I figured it was that he was the one who figured out how to get everyone on the same page, and did it part because he used to be a shadowrunner before he rejoined KE and was sent to command the intelligence battalion in the Ares/KE garrison sent to defend Silicon Valley back in Year of the Comet.

And now he's in Seattle.