NEWS

Dragons Greater than Great

• 67 Replies

Gideon

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <11-18-10/2034:17> »
It is possible, that Dunkalzahn is merely seeking his corrupted brother in a final attempt of redeeming him, or he is about to become a new Passion for the modern age...

Or he's dead and its all a mad grab for power...

of course the Dragons taught the early elves that they could progress throught the circle of life and then "ascend" into the metaplanes and live eternally... sort of what the Great Ghost dragon did, and what Dnkalzahn did to survive his "death" for a little...

2 cents.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <11-19-10/0324:36> »
You're thinking of Vasdenjas, not Dunkelzahn.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #32 on: <11-19-10/0814:36> »
And Vas is probably dead, as the Crystal (the one that Lofwyr got) was in Big D's hoard. And Vas was the Loremaster in times of FASA - thought he died along with the Vestrivan in process of containing the Horror Storm* in one of the later ED rulebooks...

Though in my SR he's still alive somwhere. I like that guy way too much to kill him.

* Don't use it. Even GD's had to rely partially on luck to fight it. And that was when magic stayed on a high level. And two of them (Vasdenjas and Vestrivan) died in the process... Better use some Verjigorm cult. :P
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-19-10/0902:52> »
That happened in Living Room Games little cycle of ED 2nd edition.  That got pulled and the timeline was pulled back to just after the behemoth Triumph landed on the Ayodhya liferock.  Tensions simmering, a few skirmishes here and there, but open war hasn't happened, yet.
There is no overkill.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #34 on: <11-19-10/0922:18> »
Pop quiz: Guess who was behind those skirmishes and tensions.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-19-10/1444:02> »
The Denaistras of Iopos.
There is no overkill.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #36 on: <11-19-10/1527:29> »
And by 'The Denairastas' we mean 'The Dragon Denairastas, a Great one, who is also known as Outcast' (for creating Drakes and such without permission, AFAIR).
So, when you're sick of Dragons in SR, remember they were a plotting bunch waaaay before. :P

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <11-19-10/1629:17> »
Doing more than creating drakes (which isn't forbidden at all in dragon culture) but by making dragonkin.  Metahumans with dragon traits (one of the few half-races in ED and SR).
There is no overkill.

Stormdrake

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <11-19-10/1807:32> »
I thought that that was where Immortal Elves came from.  Elves with dragon blood and a huge chip on their shoulder that they were 2nd class citizens.  No wonder he got stripped of his name.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #39 on: <11-19-10/1854:38> »
Yeah, but IE's are mostly from early stock. And they're the reason why it was forbidden - 'and such' was just a mention. I knew someone will get the hint. ;P
He still has it - Denairastas - but now it's his 'family name', not his True Name. IDK if they could strip him of it, or if 'Outcast' is just a social stigma.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <11-19-10/2348:06> »
Dragons collect names the way other people collect navel lint.
There is no overkill.

Stormdrake

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <11-23-10/1741:54> »
True, however the indication is that the "Outcast" is being shunned by dragon society for his acts.  The use of the name "Outcast" is probably the accepted mode of reference as shunning useallly prohibits other members of the society from refering to him by any name or deed.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #42 on: <02-03-11/2115:31> »
It's a little bit of the tracks but...
What is going on with Eliohann the Matrix Dragon?
I know his conscious is missing since the C'64 (Crash 2.0) or he is locked up in the Matrix. But what is he become? An e-Ghost, so a copy of the dead dragon mind or is he still alive, but his mind can't find the exit anymore?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <02-03-11/2118:55> »
Don't know.  Hadn't really heard about him since I ran the "Dragon Hunt" mission.
There is no overkill.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #44 on: <02-11-11/0658:21> »
I thought that that was where Immortal Elves came from.  Elves with dragon blood and a huge chip on their shoulder that they were 2nd class citizens.  No wonder he got stripped of his name.
The immortal Elves wasn't Denairastas, I think it was actually Celedyr who gave them 'the long view'. Whatever the name, it's the dragon with the big scar on his chest, marking exactly where the eves told him to stick his kingship.

Damn, I hate having all my books boxed up while moving house! Earthdawn sourcebooks used to be right on that shelf. Now they;re buried three boxes deep, two down in the spare room!  >:(
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law