NEWS

New GM with questions

• 4 Replies

Gnomercy

• Newb
« on: <05-08-11/2241:46> »
Hey folks.  I'm a new GM (I've only run a little bit of D&D 3.5), and I decided to run Shadowrun because I was sick of waiting for one of my friends to run it :-)  Anyhow, what I'd really like to do is have my players run around in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota.  Are there any books that have information about this area of the UCAS?  Is there anything I would need to know about 'running in the UCAS proper? 

Anything else folks can think of would be awesome as well!

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <05-09-11/0026:44> »
I recommend the gritty, post apocalyptic epic about a dystopian world gone mad entitled A Prairie Home Companion.

But seriously, Target: UCAS, Shadows of North America, The Neo Anarchist's Guide to North America and Sixth World Almanac.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II

Canticle

• Chummer
  • Chinese Take-out
« Reply #2 on: <05-09-11/1833:05> »
The SR4 books are guides from JackPoint uploaded to ShadowSea, which is the Seattle Shadow Net datahaven. Unless otherwise stated, all of the quips and banter from the JackPointers is from a UCAS/Seattle perspective. There are a handful of posters that are not from Seattle, but for the most part the feel of UCAS is already in the setting.

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-10-11/0134:40> »
I recommend the gritty, post apocalyptic epic about a dystopian world gone mad entitled A Prairie Home Companion.

But seriously, Target: UCAS, Shadows of North America, The Neo Anarchist's Guide to North America and Sixth World Almanac.

LOL....at least you didn't say Fargo :-)

I have the Sixth World Almanac on its way to my friend's game store.  I'll have to see if he has any of those other books as well.  Thanks!

imperialus

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <05-11-11/2006:53> »

LOL....at least you didn't say Fargo :-)

I have the Sixth World Almanac on its way to my friend's game store.  I'll have to see if he has any of those other books as well.  Thanks!

They're all pretty long out of print.  However they are almost all (with the exception of the Neo A's guide to North America) available as PDF's on Battlecorps here: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=28_187_85&sort=2a&page=1