NEWS

Harrassing Runners

• 35 Replies

ARCimedes

• Newb
  • /i\(;,;)/i\
« Reply #30 on: <04-27-11/0021:34> »
Forgot to mention that I chose my e-mail address on yahoo as the name of a villian in the game...
-ARCimedes

Are you sure you want a flame thrower?

Canticle

• Chummer
  • Chinese Take-out
« Reply #31 on: <04-28-11/1210:09> »
My bioboy and shaman were not advancing the main run while being on a dead line. So, I attacked my players with ninjaesque characters to drop clues and give motivation. The duo had a back and forth during the fight whether or not these ninjas were posers. After the fight, they search their attackers and find some clues. They immediately started legwork to trace the ninjas, because they wanted to know if their interference solicited real ninjas. *sigh*

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #32 on: <04-29-11/1312:06> »
A shadowrunner team (street sam, hacker, mage, adept) was hired to kidnap an ork girl from a party celebrating her 14th birthday. Their plan was for the hacker to slice through Matrix security and turn out the lights to cause havoc. Meanwhile, the mage and sam would grab the girl and haul ass out of the building. The adept was there to serve as interdiction, cutting off any hostile attacks made against his teammates.

The PCs were assigned to protect that girl without casualties.

Without telling them, I had decided that once the drek hit the fan, the PCs making ranged attacks that crossed a certain area of the party room would endanger the prone guests there if they failed to strike the targets - an Edge test (1) to avoid a subsequent attack test made at an innoncent bystander. No one took that bait, and in a way I'm glad they were paying attention to their job description. ::)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <04-29-11/1314:55> »
Narcojet is another way of never having to say "I'm sorry for shooting you."  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #34 on: <04-29-11/1322:49> »
Narcojet is another way of never having to say "I'm sorry for shooting you."  :P

The street sam from my scenario carried a suppressed ceramic pistol with DMSO/Narcoject capsule rounds. If the PC adept had engaged him while he was taking a bathroom break, he would've put it to use.

Of course, this is an ace in the hole I'm not willing to spoil to my PCs until they have experienced the sweet joy of tranquilizer torpor.
« Last Edit: <04-29-11/1325:40> by Operator »

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #35 on: <05-02-11/1118:12> »
My players usually get dizzy about how conspiracy theories prove out to be tools of a grander conspiracy in my games...

Also, it's always nice when a character is working with it's commlink in hidden node and starts receiving messages similar to Icarus ones in Deus Ex...