March 6th!

Falling Point!

Threats, Megacorps, and more!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <03-01-24/1505:10> »
Looking forward to this, I want to brush up on my homework of threats to throw at unsuspecting players innocent individuals and another 10-Threats book will definitely help there.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-04-24/0758:21> »
Hope it's as good as Scotophobia  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #3 on: <03-06-24/1411:54> »
I see it up on Drivethrurpg.  I won't be able to download it until this evening, and read it I don't know when, but passing along the blurb and some info from the preview pages:

Blurb:
"ON THE PRECIPICE

The Sixth World feels like it’s perpetually in the middle of slow-motion collapse, disaster after disaster threatening to bring parts or all of it down. So it’s critical to know what might push some of these disasters over the edge, turning slow motion into a full-on downward plunge.

Falling Point profiles ten people and organizations standing on a precipice. Sometimes they’re the ones who might go over the edge; other times they’re looking at someone else they can push. Either way, they’re going to play a significant role in unfolding events, so runners better know about them before they run into them in the shadows.

Falling Point is a threats sourcebook for Shadowrun, Sixth World."

From the Preview:

Table of Contents tells us who is covered:

Asintmah Alliance
Cartomancers
Convergence
Denver Data Haven
The French Touch
Humanis Policlub
Michael Bishop
Psyche
The Tiding
Warpath

The Jackpoint page always interests me!
-Street date: 22 Feb 2083
-"Incoming" section lists the following products:
-- Needle's Eye
-- Final Bets
-- Smooth Operators
- And in the news section: "Aztechnology trademarks 'Flesheez'; rumors describe it as artificial flesh for ghouls to eat." 

In the credits I notice that RJ Thomas (the new line developer) is not a writer nor editor, so one of the later books without his involvement, I'd guess (he's had writing credits in most of the recent books.)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-06-24/2359:10> »
Man…that cover is phenomenal!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <03-07-24/0936:45> »
I like how they recap a few relevant bits of the metaplots, since these groups tie into those here and there. Definitely can use these.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <03-07-24/1522:47> »
And Psyche. I like Psyche.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-07-24/1633:46> »
I like how they recap a few relevant bits of the metaplots, since these groups tie into those here and there. Definitely can use these.

Agreed, I liked that part.  I have those books, but not everyone will, so that context would be important for some.  Even having read those books, the summary was nice as a "out of that big book, what is the game focusing on, moving forward."

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-09-24/1218:40> »

I'd love to see more of those in future books, personally. *hugely* helpful.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #10 on: <03-14-24/0144:13> »
I've seen a useful short bit of recap in an upcoming book, but not allowed to say which one and what, on account of the CGL HTR squad ready to bust down my door if I post it. :-X

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <03-14-24/0651:11> »
I've seen a useful short bit of recap in an upcoming book, but not allowed to say which one and what, on account of the CGL HTR squad ready to bust down my door if I post it. :-X
Ooo... I bet it has something to do with Europe? :P

Boneguard

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <03-14-24/1202:04> »
Europe is a myth, just like Australia. They sound like nice, but we all know there is not such thing as a nice place  ;D
« Last Edit: <03-14-24/1226:41> by Boneguard »

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <03-14-24/1720:31> »
If Europe is not a myth, apparently it is a far off and isolated land, only reachable brave sailing ships or something.  Scotophobia says at one point "Trying to get information out of Europe right now is becoming almost impossible."  Perhaps with luck some early steam ships are running and we'll have more fulsome news in a few weeks :D

(I get it, they have a word count, so can't cover everything in detail.  It was just that line that cracked me up.  After all, Europe is part of the matrix, connected to the same hosts, etc.  Multiple Jackpointers from Europe, and many of the rest have contacts there.  So why would it be harder to get information from there than anywhere else?)

ETA: to be clear, I love Scotophobia overall, it is one of my favourite ShadowRun books as a GM.  But I can love it, and still see some little issues.
« Last Edit: <03-14-24/1722:03> by Beta »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <03-14-24/1805:06> »
If Europe is not a myth, apparently it is a far off and isolated land, only reachable brave sailing ships or something.  Scotophobia says at one point "Trying to get information out of Europe right now is becoming almost impossible."  Perhaps with luck some early steam ships are running and we'll have more fulsome news in a few weeks :D

(I get it, they have a word count, so can't cover everything in detail.  It was just that line that cracked me up.  After all, Europe is part of the matrix, connected to the same hosts, etc.  Multiple Jackpointers from Europe, and many of the rest have contacts there.  So why would it be harder to get information from there than anywhere else?)

ETA: to be clear, I love Scotophobia overall, it is one of my favourite ShadowRun books as a GM.  But I can love it, and still see some little issues.
I think it's a joke regarding the real life problems that Scotophobia messed up books that had already been published by Pegasus Press (i.e., they're about six-twelve months ahead in the timeline and didn't know about the coming "week of death").