Upcoming books in the Sixth World!

• 16 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« on: <12-01-23/1643:10> »
As announced in the Livestream from PAX Unplugged:

• Wild Life - Release: Soon Critter book for SR6, over 50 illustrations, organized by habitat. There will be a card deck that goes along with it!
  • Shadowrun 1st Edition reprint - Hardcover and PDF! Zero changes, if there was a typo, the typo stays!
  • The Needle's Eye - Europe Setting book; Information on Paris, Prague, London, and Lisbon
  • Final Bets - Europe Campaign book; campaign missions and adventures set mostly in Paris
  • Smooth Operations - Possibly Summer 2024 Face Core Rulebook; Spells, powers, and gear; Complete chapter on how to manipulate people (organized by the seven deadly sins)
  • Tarnished Star - Information on the status of Lone Star and other Security factions
  • Arcane Spell Scroll - Images on a physical scroll illustrated by Echo Chernik that will tie into an AR interface so when you scan the image, it will show the spell attached to the image
  • 35th Anniversary Art Book
  • Shadowrun Minis Game - Sprawl Gangers! (but maybe not titled Sprawl Gangers); Designed by the Gangs of the Underworld developers!
  • Follow-up to Scotophobia in about a year.

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-01-23/1744:27> »
I’d really like to see an SR6 rules version of SR1. All the old school fluff, all the old school mysteries before the metaplot advancement, good old school wired Matrix 1.0…
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <12-02-23/0950:53> »
Looking forward to The Needle's Eye, so I can either write or GM a European campaign. Combined with Assassins Night and the German material, I can write stuff involving 6 countries there.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #3 on: <12-02-23/1706:20> »
That is a pretty good selection of books :)  I'm looking forward to most of them. 

For sure I'm eager for up to date info on a few European locations, and I'm cautiously optimistic on the campaign book, given the general improvement book-to-book on 6e campaigns so far (I just hope it doesn't re-tread too much of what is already published in French).  I might have prefered a more general European update with more depth in certain areas rather than just focusing on certain cities, but I'll take it anyway

I really enjoyed Cutting Aces for 5e, except for the detail that a lot of information about cons focused on traditional cons that are all about getting money out of people, which is usually not what shadow runners are doing.  Here's hoping that Smooth Operations will focus a bit more on social manipulations more directly useful to characters and the GM.

Tarnished Star is likewise a long needed update.  Maybe not a 'buy it when it comes' one for me, but likely a 'pick it up when the pdf goes on sale.'

I'm not currently playing 6e, so don't have a use for the critter book, but I do like the number of illustrations they are promising.  Maybe I'll just get the card deck?

I'm not quite sure of the point of the Arcane Spell Scroll, but it sounds cool.  I'll wait until I understand it more.

And knowing the rough timeline for the follow up to Scotophobia is pretty key for me as a GM.  Helps me tailor my campaign a bit better (and for sure that will be a pick it up immediately one).

Heck, I might get the pdf of SR1 just for nostalgia's sake ( I'm sure what they are hoping for).

So that sounds like a pretty high hit rate for me :)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-03-23/1750:36> »
As announced in the Livestream from PAX Unplugged:

• Wild Life - Release: Soon Critter book for SR6, over 50 illustrations, organized by habitat. There will be a card deck that goes along with it!
  • Shadowrun 1st Edition reprint - Hardcover and PDF! Zero changes, if there was a typo, the typo stays!
  • The Needle's Eye - Europe Setting book; Information on Paris, Prague, London, and Lisbon
  • Final Bets - Europe Campaign book; campaign missions and adventures set mostly in Paris
  • Smooth Operations - Possibly Summer 2024 Face Core Rulebook; Spells, powers, and gear; Complete chapter on how to manipulate people (organized by the seven deadly sins)
  • Tarnished Star - Information on the status of Lone Star and other Security factions
  • Arcane Spell Scroll - Images on a physical scroll illustrated by Echo Chernik that will tie into an AR interface so when you scan the image, it will show the spell attached to the image
  • 35th Anniversary Art Book
  • Shadowrun Minis Game - Sprawl Gangers! (but maybe not titled Sprawl Gangers); Designed by the Gangs of the Underworld developers!
  • Follow-up to Scotophobia in about a year.

Falling Point was announced prior to PAX (I think it may even be in one of the books' JackPoint screens). I don't know if not mentioning it was an oversight, but I can't seem to find anything about it, now, either.
« Last Edit: <12-03-23/1752:40> by Crimsondude »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-03-23/1804:01> »
Looking forward to The Needle's Eye, so I can either write or GM a European campaign. Combined with Assassins Night and the German material, I can write stuff involving 6 countries there.
Black Book Edition's Néo-Révolution is incredible for having revolutionized (pun intended) running in France, and particularly, in Paris. I would also suggest the Marianne chapter of Null Value. It summarizes the Neo-Revolution by the BB line dev to set up how Marianne came to be, which significantly reshaped running the ombres. If you want to run there, it's worth knowing about that before starting anything on the continent. Also, to their credit, Pegasus has books on Switzerland and Austria. By my count, that makes seven countries you could run in with contemporary info.

BTW, for the kids, there's a rotoscope animation movie starring Daniel Craig called Renaissance from the '00s set in a cyberpunk Paris. It sucks, but it's useful for visuals.
« Last Edit: <12-03-23/1821:27> by Crimsondude »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <12-03-23/1820:48> »
France, Portugal, Spain, ADL, Switzerland, Austria, England, Czech Republic... 8 SR6 countries, nine if you include the UNL since that's what I wrote Blood Diamonds about (and we have the Freedom Network info in Collapsing Now for some info on locals). I have so many options, all I really want to add is Italy. ^_^ And yeah, Null Value is on my reading list to properly read through before I design a big NEEC campaign.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <12-03-23/1826:36> »
D’Oh! I forgot Spain.

I'm never living down writing an entire subchapter on King Alfonso and referring to him as XIII instead of XIV. Given how ruthlessly successful he was just after taking the throne, there's a lot of potential for what the place has become. Oh well.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <12-03-23/1832:15> »
I cannot express enough how incredible it is how the lore in this book held up compared to everything that was added later.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #9 on: <12-04-23/1126:22> »

Black Book Edition's Néo-Révolution is incredible for having revolutionized (pun intended) running in France, and particularly, in Paris.

Agreed that they did a fantastic job of making France (in general) and Paris (in particular) a distinct and interesting place to run in. I really suggest that anyone who can struggle through in French (directly or through Google translate) give it a shot.  I'll also note that their translations of newer books generally have some added content, often France related, so that the French lore/adventures is advancing between their full publications. 

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-04-23/2216:00> »
I cannot express enough how incredible it is how the lore in this book held up compared to everything that was added later.
... because the GWOT and everything that followed 9/11 broke Shadowrun, as I was reminded this morning.

Boneguard

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <03-16-24/1856:01> »

Black Book Edition's Néo-Révolution is incredible for having revolutionized (pun intended) running in France, and particularly, in Paris.

Agreed that they did a fantastic job of making France (in general) and Paris (in particular) a distinct and interesting place to run in. I really suggest that anyone who can struggle through in French (directly or through Google translate) give it a shot.  I'll also note that their translations of newer books generally have some added content, often France related, so that the French lore/adventures is advancing between their full publications.

Yeah for sure, knowing one of the two main authors of Neo-Revolution who is also Freelancing for CGL, there is really an attempt to make Paris more than "Seattle with a Beret and a baguette" as well is harmonizing the changes in France with the official English line. And yeah as much as possible they do offer some extra content (often a small scenario) to most of their translation which really make France quite an interesting option to play in (and google translate/Deepl can be your friend here).
« Last Edit: <03-17-24/0814:47> by Boneguard »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #12 on: <03-17-24/0809:50> »
(and google translate/Deepl can be your friend here).
And they are very good friends. ;)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <03-17-24/1225:10> »
France, Portugal, Spain, ADL, Switzerland, Austria, England, Czech Republic... 8 SR6 countries, nine if you include the UNL since that's what I wrote Blood Diamonds about (and we have the Freedom Network info in Collapsing Now for some info on locals). I have so many options, all I really want to add is Italy. ^_^ And yeah, Null Value is on my reading list to properly read through before I design a big NEEC campaign.

Man,

Italy.

The One That Got Away.

Back when Shadowrun was a nigh-dead property and FanPro wasn't yet a thing, a bunch of guys were getting together to work on a EuroBook, just for kicks. Teh first Italian author dropped out. So did the second. The project was moving along and, despite being American, they let me sign on for it. Got some work done before a computer crash had me offline for a month. By teh time I was back up and running, they'd moved on to a fourth. Then they wound up going official and getting the line as FanPro was created.

You have no idea how much I kick myself for that personal failure of a situation.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <03-17-24/1353:21> »
I probably am going to design a run that drops by the GeMiTo lair of Alamais, to find some macguffin there. Will be fun.