NEWS

Scotophobia & Easy Come, Easy Go & Berlin Edition PDFs out!

• 9 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« on: <11-15-23/1553:31> »
Scotophobia for the continuation of the Dis metaplot. Surprisingly little anti-Scottish content in there. Plenty of chimeras though, or so I hear.

Easy Come, Easy Go for an update on New Orleans, which will be the next SRM location as well. (So we're anticipating the 2024-2026 convention seasons to bring us 24 SR6 SRMs, all set in New Orleans.)

And lastly, the Berlin-reprint of the CRB has errata and can be either bought as PDF, or physical with a PDF included.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-16-23/0627:18> »
There seems to be a price discrepancy on the Scotophobia pdf between DriveThru and the Catalyst site, it's significantly cheaper direct from Catalyst... I picked it up from there and looking forward to reading through it!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-16-23/1008:38> »
DrivethruRPG has updated their price now from $49 to $19

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <11-16-23/1133:24> »
I think it was just an issue for the initial release, it was $19 on DriveThruRPG when I purchased it last night.

Now, I do have to say, I'm enjoying the heck out of this book so far. :D

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <11-16-23/1812:31> »
I think it was just an issue for the initial release, it was $19 on DriveThruRPG when I purchased it last night.

Found a Scotland-hater.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <11-16-23/1959:12> »

Found a Scotland-hater.
Chan e, tha gaol agam air Alba!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #6 on: <11-20-23/1405:29> »
At the risk of being unfashionably enthusiastic, Scotophobia is already my single favourite 5e/6e plot book.  There is a lot happening, and it is so easy to bring it into my home games.  I'm planning on running Third Parallel first (I was already going to start it soon, but now it is also a good lead into the events in Scotophobia), but I'm already just about salivating at how I'm going to kick things off, some of the big names that are going to show up in our games (everywhere from a news brief to actually talking to PCs), some of the high stakes events that should provide a ton of motivation beyond just survival, profit, and the power of friendship.

It doesn't hurt that it aligns with a bunch of themes that were already in my home games, but even without that I think it is just such a useable book as a GM.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-21-23/0416:23> »
And it has cool toys at the end  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #9 on: <11-21-23/1135:56> »
OK, I just got to the Dissian magic section ... Oy!  Back-converting this to 5e is going to be a pain.  Once I get started I'll create a thread in the old editions sub-board of the rules board, but if anyone else is looking at this and beats me to it I won't complain!